Just got my Note 2 couple days ago... coming from iPhone 4S.. and the only feature I really miss from it that i'm not sure exists.. is the feature where you can quickly go to your camera (even if your phone is locked) without having to press password..

is this possible with the Note 2?
    03-31-2013 12:56 AM
    There is an option in the settings to have quick access to the camera from the lockscreen. Something about rotate and unlock. I think it only gives access to camera settings.

I dont use a passcode for my phone so on the screen where you swipe to unlock if you touch the camera icon and swipe from there it will go straight into camera mode, also works for the others apps on this screen. Hope this helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    wildmangk likes this.
    03-31-2013 10:21 AM
    There is an option in the settings to have quick access to the camera from the lockscreen. Something about rotate and unlock. I think it only gives access to camera settings.

I dont use a passcode for my phone so on the screen where you swipe to unlock if you touch the camera icon and swipe from there it will go straight into camera mode, also works for the others apps on this screen. Hope this helps

Thanks for the response!

I actually have tried that but you still have to put in your pass code i've tried the holding the lockscreen and rotating and still had to put in the pass code..

as well as swiping the camera icon up but unfortunately still need to put it in.. that's like the only thing i miss from my iPhone :P

tried this yesterday when I was taking pictures of my kids and a bird landed on her head and wanted to catch it but it took too long cause i still had to put in my passcode, press okay gah lol
    03-31-2013 10:26 AM
    Might try a playstore app or root. Im sure there is something root related if thats your thing.

03-31-2013 12:10 PM
    Might try a playstore app or root. Im sure there is something root related if thats your thing.

I don't even know what in the world that is or how to do it (I've owned this note 2 for 3 days now) coming from the simple iPhone.. is that like the "jailbreaking" version for our androids?
    03-31-2013 01:20 PM
    Dont even think about root if you arent absolutely sure you want what it gives, which is basically ultimate control. This is well beyond anything you can get from a toy like an iphone.

Best bet to find cool features or directions is to watch youtube videos. Our phone is very popular and has extensive how to vids on youtube. Check out the ones specifically by lucidmike.

FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-01-2013 06:40 AM
    My quick camera access works just fine.
    When you press and hold, then rotate from lock screen. Camera pops up!

Go to: Settings> Accessibility> Screen Lock Time (set it to 30mins.)

You're not getting the quick camera access maybe due to your screen being locked instantly (which requires the passcode). Change that settings and let us know what happens...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    04-01-2013 03:24 PM
    My quick camera access works just fine.
    When you press and hold, then rotate from lock screen. Camera pops up!

Go to: Settings> Accessibility> Screen Lock Time (set it to 30mins.)

You're not getting the quick camera access maybe due to your screen being locked instantly (which requires the passcode). Change that settings and let us know what happens...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Thanks I guess that's the closest thing there is to what feature the iPhone had.. I just liked how it auto-locked afterwards (after you were done using it.. meaning you'd need your passcode to open the phone again- I have this feature because I have kids that like to delete apps and important stuff on my phone LOL)

but this is better than nothing! Hopefully android will have this awesome feature in the future.. I really do love that feature of the iPhone cause I never missed a kodak moment with my kids etc
    04-01-2013 06:19 PM
    Well, this is the one thing that I miss on my iPhone. However, I am hungry for Android 4.2 to come to the Note 2. According to the information I've read, 4.2 will have "New Access camera straight from your phones lock screen". I'm hoping that means w/o having to enter in your password. Since my phone is locked down due to connectivity to work (Exchange Server), I am really hopeful this means what I think it means and will allow me to take a picture w/o unlocking the device.

Here's the link for full details on Android Jellybean 4.2

Android - Android 4.2, Jelly Bean
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-02-2013 10:56 AM
    I noticed this as well but:
    * On my wife's Republic Wiress Moto Defy XT (dual bad) that runs on Android 2.3, the homescreen lock can be swiped the left for access to camera or swiped right unlock.
    * On my Toshiba tablet running Android 3.0 and then upgraded to 4.0, its the same thing, swipe one way to unlock and another to just camera app.
    Both are unrooted, stock software.
    I guess its supported in Android but not by Samsung's UI.
    04-02-2013 11:49 AM