Complete Action Using Pop Up Browser

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Just got a Galaxy Note 2 a few days ago and I'm loving it. Problem is, every time I clicked a link in Chrome (or other browser) before I would always receive the Complete This Action With and it would allow me to choose Pop Up Browser, however the Complete This Action With window no longer pops up and I can no longer open links in the pop up browser. I don't remember ever pressing "always", but in any case I did go into Manage Apps and reset all defaults and app preferences but that did not solve the problem.

I don't mind having to choose an app each time I press a link, and I'd like that option again, but nowhere on the Internet, nor Samsung or AT&T can help me. Can someone please help me with restoring the option to pick pop up browser for links while browsing? I'd rather not root my phone but I don't mind installing an app as a work around if necessary. Thanks!

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Just got a Galaxy Note 2 a few days ago and I'm loving it. Problem is, every time I clicked a link in Chrome (or other browser) before I would always receive the Complete This Action With and it would allow me to choose Pop Up Browser, however the Complete This Action With window no longer pops up and I can no longer open links in the pop up browser. I don't remember ever pressing "always", but in any case I did go into Manage Apps and reset all defaults and app preferences but that did not solve the problem.

I don't mind having to choose an app each time I press a link, and I'd like that option again, but nowhere on the Internet, nor Samsung or AT&T can help me. Can someone please help me with restoring the option to pick pop up browser for links while browsing? I'd rather not root my phone but I don't mind installing an app as a work around if necessary. Thanks!

did you scroll down and also clear the default?

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I actually already tried that and it didn't help :-/ Sorry, should have mentioned that.

I'm assuming you didn't try to move chrome to your SD card or anything like that, and since you did not root, you also did not flop your drive assignments. am i correct? if so, then uninstall chrome and re-install it if you haven't tried that already. then force stop then disable the Internet app. Restart your phone. Now try Chrome. If it's working, you can re-enable your Internet app.

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm assuming you didn't try to move chrome to your SD card or anything like that, and since you did not root, you also did not flop your drive assignments. am i correct? if so, then uninstall chrome and re-install it if you haven't tried that already. then force stop then disable the Internet app. Restart your phone. Now try Chrome. If it's working, you can re-enable your Internet app.

Nope, though I wish I could. I've uninstalled chrome and re-installed it. I've force stopped the Internet, but the button to disable is greyed out. I restarted after force stopping, though I'm sure since I couldn't disable it the restart was unnecessary. The action options still don't come up when I click on a link though.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Nope, though I wish I could. I've uninstalled chrome and re-installed it. I've force stopped the Internet, but the button to disable is greyed out. I restarted after force stopping, though I'm sure since I couldn't disable it the restart was unnecessary. The action options still don't come up when I click on a link though.

I'm not sure what else I'm missing at this point. Let's see if someone else has any other suggestions besides doing a master reset. oh last thing, when you went to app manager, did you hit the menu button and tap "reset apps?"

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what else I'm missing at this point. Let's see if someone else has any other suggestions besides doing a master reset. oh last thing, when you went to app manager, did you hit the menu button and tap "reset apps?"

Yes, I did that. I think I may have to root my phone :( Ridiculous that I have a new phone and can't even use the features it's supposed to have. Thanks for your help though.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Lol. Good eye. That does sound pretty funny.

A similar issue popped up on another forum and the user solved it by deleting an app that was recently installed that accessed browser-like information (in the user's case the offending app was the Kohl's shopping app). Might you have apps like this that you can uninstall, restart your phone, and test the default?

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
A similar issue popped up on another forum and the user solved it by deleting an app that was recently installed that accessed browser-like information (in the user's case the offending app was the Kohl's shopping app). Might you have apps like this that you can uninstall, restart your phone, and test the default?

I had already tried uninstalling the only app I installed when it stopped working but that didn't help.

Stephaniemobile

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem and it's really starting to **** me off. I keep selecting internet over and over and internet always and when I get the clear defaults there is nothing there to clear in the internet settings. WtF man?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante