Ready to go back to I Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahaflac

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Since the update the battery on my note 2 is terrible. I use it about 15 minutes during the day and have to charge it to finish the evening. Every thing I can possibly turn off on the phone and it still function is turned off. Any suggestions.? Before the update when I got home from work, I had nearly a full battery and greater than 50% when I went to bed. iPhone soon if not resolved

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

whitecollar

May 5, 2011
Visit site
This is my favorite suggestion: try running it in Safe Mode for a couple of days and see if it still happens. When it doubt it's a third party app not working correctly.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Unless you are just looking for an excuse to switch phones why would you not just get a new one or reset yours? And of all things to threaten to do, switch to an iPhone.... It sounds you really want the iphone and would be happier that way regardless

Sent from my Note 2

marie727

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I can have 100% and in 2 hrs my phone is dead and thats without me even using it. My iphone use to last me all day. Battery life on iphone is great... galaxys r nice phones but dam im sick and tired of the battery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I can have 100% and in 2 hrs my phone is dead and thats without me even using it. My iphone use to last me all day. Battery life on iphone is great... galaxys r nice phones but dam im sick and tired of the battery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Have you even looked at what's been using your battery?

Iphone battery has nothing on this

Sent from my Note 2

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
LucidMike just did a video on the Battery issue. Settings wifi advanced...set wifi to never when sleeping and toggle multi window off in notification window if your nor using it. Huge difference. I was perfect until the 4.1.2 update. Like many others I was left scratching my head trying to figure out what happened. Try this.. it should make a huge difference. You also have to find out if you have a ongoing wake lock. Better Battery Stats is free and great to assist you with that.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
My phones battery life is incredible.
I've never had a phone sip battery like this.
I'm not rooted either.
Here's some pics
upybyhev.jpg
jysutetu.jpg

So either take it in for a swap, or if that's not possible, fresh wipe and os load would be a fix.
I'm on the latest update, never use multi view. Wifi here and there. Screen auto brightness.

I say your device is defective.
Swap it out or reload the OS.

I don't turn anything off or do anything to save battery. After a long day I still have plenty battery before bed and I'm a heavy user

Sent from my ATT Note 2!

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree, either you have a bad battery/charger or some boggus app is causing your problem. I stream music for up to 8hrs on bluetooth and LTE no wifi and still have over 65-70% left. My 2 email accounts are push and if I use youtube and internet I still have plenty left the next morning, like 15-25% left.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Android Central Forums

Mahaflac

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Android system is my biggest drain with the screen being 2nd. Screen brightness is turned down to about 1/8 of the way up. No i don't want to switch back to the iPhone. I really like the note 2 but the battery issue is killing me

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Definitely something is keeping your phone awake when the screen is off. Ideally screen on bars and awake bars should line up

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Here is my battery graph... Granted I've been home today with wifi

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365217364282.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365217364282.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 97

Mahaflac

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
So I Did A factory reset and there is a noticable difference already. However, I lost everything on my phone. I backed up to my google account but I'm not Sure how to restore from back up. By Now I would have lost Several percent on the battery ( been using for about an hour ) and the battery is still at 100 % . Thanks for the help.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So I Did A factory reset and there is a noticable difference already. However, I lost everything on my phone. I backed up to my google account but I'm not Sure how to restore from back up. By Now I would have lost Several percent on the battery ( been using for about an hour ) and the battery is still at 100 % . Thanks for the help.

If you left the automatic restore option checked you should just have to sign into your Google account

Sent from my Note 2

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site

you might want to try a few apps at a time or even one app at the time as you might restore the app that was causing your problems with the battery.
i will say, install 2-3 and wait a few hours or a day, as soon as your battery starts acting up, then uninstall the last set of apps because that is where your problem is.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Can you explain the screen on bars sleep bars a little clearer. Also network bar. Wish there would be a good explanation of all the bars, colors and what they mean when you open battery in settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci