Ready to go back to I Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
So I Did A factory reset and there is a noticable difference already. However, I lost everything on my phone. I backed up to my google account but I'm not Sure how to restore from back up. By Now I would have lost Several percent on the battery ( been using for about an hour ) and the battery is still at 100 % . Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

That's usually all it takes,
Phones are picky, it takes one bad sector or download in the update to cause a issue.

Hopefully it works out. If you still have drain, i recommend a reload of a fresh download of 4.1.2

Sent from my ATT Note 2!

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Since the update the battery on my note 2 is terrible. I use it about 15 minutes during the day and have to charge it to finish the evening. Every thing I can possibly turn off on the phone and it still function is turned off. Any suggestions.? Before the update when I got home from work, I had nearly a full battery and greater than 50% when I went to bed. iPhone soon if not resolved

if you use it 15 mins a day you dont need a note II or an iphone. You could probably get by with a flip phone. seriously

Kingfrog

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have everything running and updating on wifi all day and still charge every night with over 50% remaining. I don't play games or watch movies. just use it for Internet and Social updates and Navigation. I have never had a device i could not burn the battery out in one day on like the Note II. You really have to try to run the battery down.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Android system is my biggest drain with the screen being 2nd. Screen brightness is turned down to about 1/8 of the way up. No i don't want to switch back to the iPhone. I really like the note 2 but the battery issue is killing me

You have a app this is running way too much. Your Awake and Screen On bars should be fairly equal. Looking at your screenshot some app is not letting your phone go into sleep mode. I would just do a factory reset, and start over. Do not automatically have all your apps download. Download them one by one. Do one and wait a hour or two, and check your battery stats. If you start to see your phone being awake a lot when your screen is off, you have found the one, or one of a few, app that is causing your poor battery. Then send the developer an email making them aware of the issue so they can work on fixing it.

This is from my Nexus 4. Different phone but the battery snapshot should like similar to this on all phones.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-07-00-29-09.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-07-00-29-09.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 47

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I have everything running and updating on wifi all day and still charge every night with over 50% remaining. I don't play games or watch movies. just use it for Internet and Social updates and Navigation. I have never had a device i could not burn the battery out in one day on like the Note II. You really have to try to run the battery down.

Being on wifi all day makes a big difference. And I bet your screen on time isn't real high with that type of usage. Right now I'm sitting at 10% and a little shy of 6 hours of screen on time

Sent from my Note 2

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Is that first graph from a 3rd party app or something native to the Note 2?
Being able to visualize when the battery is being used is really nice.
It's standard. Just click settings => battery => then press the battery graph for the details.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Since the update the battery on my note 2 is terrible. I use it about 15 minutes during the day and have to charge it to finish the evening. Every thing I can possibly turn off on the phone and it still function is turned off. Any suggestions.? Before the update when I got home from work, I had nearly a full battery and greater than 50% when I went to bed. iPhone soon if not resolved

Quite honestly I believe that all you Iphone people complaining really should go back to crApple.... [Moderator edit.] ...........I can assure you that when you do go back to crApple that you WILL eventually regret it.

Last edited by a moderator:

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Quite honestly I believe that all you Iphone people complaining really should go back to crApple.... [Moderator edit.] ...........I can assure you that when you do go back to crApple that you WILL eventually regret it.

Hey let em go. If they can't or won't listen to the advice given on these forums, let em go back and have Apple hold their hand. At the end of the day I wish some would, would clean up these forums a bit. Ive tried to help a few that would rather complain than actually try the solutions offered, ones that are simple, involve no hacking or trickery but would rather just bash the product instead.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey let em go. If they can't or won't listen to the advice given on these forums, let em go back and have Apple hold their hand. At the end of the day I wish some would, would clean up these forums a bit. Ive tried to help a few that would rather complain than actually try the solutions offered, ones that are simple, involve no hacking or trickery but would rather just bash the product instead.

Back to iMore with them.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
The iphone 4S, I recall still had beyond awful battery life.
An family member still has one, updated to latest firmware, and uses 3% of battery life, every two minutes......
Don't go back to the dread iPhone!

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
When I had my 4s I was at about 20%-30% at bed time. With my N2 I am usually about 40%-50% and I don't have anything turned off, and I probably use the N2 more because I can do more and even read the screen. I personally will never go back and it has nothing to do with battery life.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 5 gets better battery life then my 4S.

Your S4? If you have an iPhone 5 and have LTE enabled, and you are getting better battery life than a Note 2, you must live and work within 25 feet of a cell tower, It's possible that if you have an iPhone 5 and a Note 2, both with LTE enabled, that you could get better life on the iPhone, but they would have to be on different carriers, and you would be the exception, not the rule.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

Spare us your rhetoric. This is a forum to share experiences and get help with your Android device. Your post isn't even on the periphery.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Your S4? If you have an iPhone 5 and have LTE enabled, and you are getting better battery life than a Note 2, you must live and work within 25 feet of a cell tower, It's possible that if you have an iPhone 5 and a Note 2, both with LTE enabled, that you could get better life on the iPhone, but they would have to be on different carriers, and you would be the exception, not the rule.
No iPhone 4S

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Let's make sure we're keeping the discussion civil and on-topic; no need to get up in arms here. :) Let's keep the conversation focused on the phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.