Anyone have 4.2.2 yet?

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with AT&T tech support asking them when 4.2 would be available and was informed that it is already released.

I checked my updates earlier and it said I was current and now it tells me I can check back in 14 hours and 10 minutes.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got off the phone with AT&T tech support asking them when 4.2 would be available and was informed that it is already released.

I checked my updates earlier and it said I was current and now it tells me I can check back in 14 hours and 10 minutes.

nothing yet for me. for other devices sure, but haven't heard anything about note2 on at&t

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
4.1.2 was released awhile ago, december I think. 4.2.2 has not been announced yet for us as far as I know. They may just wait till key lime pie is announced. Which is fine by me, roms can hold me over till then anyways.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
It's gonna be well known news when 4.2 is released. You'll know. Not out yet, not even for international.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Likely because it will be coming with S4 features. The question is when, or how soon after the S4 drops. Weeks? Days? Months?

Weeks maybe but probably months, I don't think they'll wait a real long time but they still want to encourage people to upgrade

Sent from my Note 2

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Weeks maybe but probably months, I don't think they'll wait a real long time but they still want to encourage people to upgrade

Sent from my Note 2

I think the vast bulk of people who upgrade do so through contract-renewal discounts rather than off-contract. Most carrier upgrade cycles are longer than a year, and closer to two. Certainly no one with a Note 2 is eligible for such an upgrade. Release the Kraken!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I think the vast bulk of people who upgrade do so through contract-renewal discounts rather than off-contract. Most carrier upgrade cycles are longer than a year, and closer to two. Certainly no one with a Note 2 is eligible for such an upgrade. Release the Kraken!

Thats not necessarily true. I payed full price for mine back in november. I think the off contract price at att was $750 plus tax.
Some people, myself included, like to be top of the line all the time. Unfortunately for the S4 I feel my note 2 is still there.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Thats not necessarily true. I payed full price for mine back in november. I think the off contract price at att was $750 plus tax.
Some people, myself included, like to be top of the line all the time. Unfortunately for the S4 I feel my note 2 is still there.

Sure, you did, but "you" are not "the vast bulk of people who upgrade." I'm quite certain the overwhelming majority of people do not shell out $750 every year for a phone off contract, but rather shell out $200 every two years or so.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I just had an AT&T update pushed to my Note 2 now. I'm in the midst of updating. I can't imagine that it's 4.2.2 with the S4 stuff, but who knows. It does say "Android is upgrading . . . ."

Edit: About screen still shows 4.1.2. Knew it was too soon/good to be true. :'(

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I just had an AT&T update pushed to my Note 2 now. I'm in the midst of updating. I can't imagine that it's 4.2.2 with the S4 stuff, but who knows. It does say "Android is upgrading . . . ."

Edit: About screen still shows 4.1.2. Knew it was too soon/good to be true. :'(

Ugh still nothing for me. I just hope it's not 2014 when we get s4 like ops.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I read on drippler that some phones are getting a baseband upgrade. Im not for sure on what that exactly means but I think it means they are upgrading the software for the radios and how they communicate with cell towers.

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Chatted online with an AT&T tech person today and she told me late May early June.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I think it was $650 + tax at least it was for me. ;)

And 4.2.2 is not out for the note 2 yet. The new s4 will have it but other than that only nexus devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited:

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
After the fiasco that was 4.1.2 I don't think I'm in a rush to get 4.2.2. :(
I'd much rather they took their time and did it right.

I with you on that. Loss of battery life and other glitches that were introduced. Ill wait. Im rommed anyhow so I can upgrade whenever I want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech