LONG lag for Google voice command to start listening

MultiMatt

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Have an issue that I'm curious if anyone else is seeing. I'm a step away from a hard reset, because I think it's something wrong with my specific device...

Lately, if I say "Google" while in Google Now, there is at least a 10 second wait before the device begins "listening". Used to be instantaneous.
I also experience the same thing if I tap the mic icon in Google Now, or on the keyboard, or anywhere else (apps, etc) the mic appears. Long delay, and sometimes even after that delay, it will close before I can even speak!!

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this...

Matt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

MultiMatt

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I think I might have found the solution! So, I wanted to share that what everyone here.

I use bluetooth a LOT. Upon searching for a solution, I found there is a Bluetooth setting in the Google Voice Search settings (see attached). I checked that box, and there is no lag now!

Alternatively, without having that box checked, if I turned off my bluetooth headset, the lag also went away. So, it appears that the lag was due to the device seeing that I have bluetooth on not having Google Voice settings properly set.

The bummer: that's the default. How would someone know??

Matt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366548240086.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366548240086.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 13

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12