Does the Note 2 require data to make calls/texts?

soysaucenrice

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, just wondering if the Note 2 requires data/3g to make calls/texts since I am currently studying abroad and cellular data is overly expensive and not readily available everywhere I live. I want to buy it in the US and put a international sim in when I get back out the country. Thanks for the responses and sorry if this is a repost. I cant find anything about it online.

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
In short, no. However, unless you buy it at retail, big blue won't let you get it without Data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, just wondering if the Note 2 requires data/3g to make calls/texts since I am currently studying abroad and cellular data is overly expensive and not readily available everywhere I live. I want to buy it in the US and put a international sim in when I get back out the country. Thanks for the responses and sorry if this is a repost. I cant find anything about it online.

No.

If you put a local country sim in then that won't really be an issue since you'll be on their local plan. Don't forget to follow the procedures on here to properly unlock your AT&T phone so it'll be ready for international use (note: you'll have to downgrade to 4.1.1, unlock, then you can update back to 4.1.2 without losing your unlocked functionality).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084