Hope someone can help. I have a 2009 Audi s5 and i used to have the iPhone, so i would connect to the usb and could see my music library on my dash, well i changed phone to the note2 and now i cant. i purchased the new usb cable and nothing, it give me this message there are no playable songs in this device. So what do i have to do to make it work? PLEASE HELP ASAP
    04-26-2013 09:20 AM
    Hope someone can help. I have a 2009 Audi s5 and i used to have the iPhone, so i would connect to the usb and could see my music library on my dash, well i changed phone to the note2 and now i cant. i purchased the new usb cable and nothing, it give me this message there are no playable songs in this device. So what do i have to do to make it work? PLEASE HELP ASAP
    Because it's designed to work with an iPhone/iPod. Your best bet is to get a USB flash drive, copy your music to it, and simply leave it plugged in. It's so much simpler that way.
    alamarco likes this.
    04-26-2013 09:38 AM
    Because it's designed to work with an iPhone/iPod. Your best bet is to get a USB flash drive, copy your music to it, and simply leave it plugged in. It's so much simpler that way.
    yeap that's exactly what I do.. cheapest and easiest way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    04-26-2013 09:45 AM
    But Audi keeps insisting it should work. They said i need to make a separate folder for my music on my home screen...what does that mean?
    04-26-2013 10:04 AM
    But Audi keeps insisting it should work. They said i need to make a separate folder for my music on my home screen...what does that mean?
    I have no idea. Nor do I think do they. It's easy enough to create a folder on your home screen, but this isn't Windows where you can copy files to that folder. Really, though, unless the music player on the Audi is absolute crap -- something I doubt -- why would you want to hassle with hooking and unhooking your phone every time you get into and out of the car? USB sticks are cheap.
    04-26-2013 11:48 AM
    You are not going to be able to get the song display on your car screen like the iPhone. Most cars has iDevice integration, not Android. You maybe able to some how get it to recognize your Note II as a mass storage device (like an USB drive) and play music from a folder. That's probably what the Audi guy was telling you. Now if your Audi has bluetooth audio, you should just use the bluetooth. .
    04-26-2013 12:55 PM
    Not just bluetooth, it has to support A2DP. Without A2DP it'll only support calls and not music. My car unfortunately is like this. The built-in bluetooth doesn't support music.

I have to say though, the USB is a good idea. I never thought of it, but seems a lot better than AUX. I currently use AUX and I hate it so I hardly use it. Sticking a USB stick in I can just leave it there all day.
    04-26-2013 06:10 PM
    Not just bluetooth, it has to support A2DP. Without A2DP it'll only support calls and not music. My car unfortunately is like this. The built-in bluetooth doesn't support music.

I have to say though, the USB is a good idea. I never thought of it, but seems a lot better than AUX. I currently use AUX and I hate it so I hardly use it. Sticking a USB stick in I can just leave it there all day.
    A lot depends on the car's music player, though. Some of them (like my wife's Volvo) don't support playlists.
    04-26-2013 08:17 PM