Ok I'm finally getting my act together here and am going to unlock my note2 so it'll be unlocked going forward with all these updates coming down the pike. So guys, any suggestions about the best way to take my unrooted, stock 4.1.2 Note2 back to 4.1.1 so I can do the unlock?

My ultimate solution is just doing a master reset (ugh, have to load everything because of the suck backup options on android) which would take my note2 back to 4.1.1.

If you guys have any other ideas, I'd appreciate it...

thanks all
    05-10-2013 09:15 PM
    Ok I'm finally getting my act together here and am going to unlock my note2 so it'll be unlocked going forward with all these updates coming down the pike. So guys, any suggestions about the best way to take my unrooted, stock 4.1.2 Note2 back to 4.1.1 so I can do the unlock?

My ultimate solution is just doing a master reset (ugh, have to load everything because of the suck backup options on android) which would take my note2 back to 4.1.1.

If you guys have any other ideas, I'd appreciate it...

thanks all
    The master reset will revert to a clean install of the current version, not a previous version. So in your case will be a fresh install of 4.1.2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II using Android Central Forums
    05-11-2013 02:36 PM
    The master reset will revert to a clean install of the current version, not a previous version. So in your case will be a fresh install of 4.1.2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II using Android Central Forums
    I recalled having to do a master reset and it took me back to 4.1.1,which is what came with my note 2, even after I did the update to 4.1.2.

So you're saying it won't revert and it'll keep the software update? Really?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    05-11-2013 04:01 PM
    Honestly the phone is desigmed to not be able to go back in updates only forwards, which is basically the same for all devices not just phones. However, most of those devices cant root. Root and a custom recovery will let you install anything. If you want to go back then download a stock 4.1.1. Specific to your carrier on XDA then use TWRP to flash it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
    rankar7 likes this.
    05-11-2013 06:57 PM
    Honestly the phone is desigmed to not be able to go back in updates only forwards, which is basically the same for all devices not just phones. However, most of those devices cant root. Root and a custom recovery will let you install anything. If you want to go back then download a stock 4.1.1. Specific to your carrier on XDA then use TWRP to flash it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
    Thanks I'll give that a shot

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    05-12-2013 06:09 AM