Problems with Note 2 & S4

TaylorFC

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So my wife got her S4 on Thursday and I am having trouble getting Group Play to work between her S4 and my Note 2.When she starts it, I can see the Group Play session, but when I type in the password she set the 'connect' button is grayed out and won't let me select it. When I start it, she doesn't see a Group Play session (the name of my session is the same as my Wi-Fi network).

Also, we are having trouble setting up a WiFi direct connection.

Are these issues because the Note 2 has not been upgraded to 4.2.2?

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I believe group play is for the s4 only (as of right now)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I believe you are right. I think it's coming to more phones with the Key Lime Pie update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Allshare play is not the same as group play as far as I know.... weird I do not have a group play app on my note 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

scott750

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Im having the same issue too. The passwords betwwen the S4 and Note 2 have different criteria. The S4 uses up to 6 numeric digits, while the Note 2 wants minimum 8 alphanumeric characters. I was told the Note 2 and S4 versions are different, even tho they both are running the same version number. I was also told that the Note 2 will be updated soon to okay with the S4.

On a side note, how do I get more games for Group Play? I only have 1 game so far. I downloaded some games fr9m Google play and Samsung Apps that say group play, but they arent showing up in my list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk 2