My first note 2 lasted me 9 months, died last week because it stopped charging. AT&T replaced it under my 1 year warranty with what I would assume is a referb?

Well, my first GN2 was able to survive several drops and never cracked a screen.. couple marks on the side/frame but nothing major. Even managed to take a 5+ foot drop from my lifted truck direct to concrete which amazed me. This new one (had it for a week) now has a full crack across the screen after a small drop.. talking 3 inches or so. Strange thing is I have NEVER had an issue about dropping phones until my GN2.. must be the bigger phone/sleek design.

What are my options for getting the screen fixed?
    06-10-2013 04:37 PM
    It's an expensive repair but you can get it done.

You should try contacting samsung about repairing it because they might be slightly cheaper than going to a repair shop or repairing it yourself. Only problem with that is you will have to ship it there and back.

You could also repair it yourself, the full lens/AMOLED assembly is around $240. The repair is pretty straight forward and there is plenty of material online like tear downs and actually replacing the screen.

One last bit... Don't try to replace just the top lens. Chances are you might break it and even if you don't the repair looks like crap and doesn't work that well. If you are going to repair it replace the entire lens/AMOLED assembly.
    06-10-2013 07:13 PM
    I'm pretty sure Samsung charges $299 for screen replacements. Plus you're looking at about 2 weeks without your phone. It'd be cheaper just to buy a new screen and replace it yourself or look at a repair shop.
    06-10-2013 09:16 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me while I was out of town for a week on training. Dropped it from waist level and caught it with my foot. Then it fell from my foot to the sidewalk and broke. I was lucky enough to go to the ATT store and get another one on contract price since I was getting ready to switch to UVerse anyways. My screen made my phone unusable since I was stupid and didn't have a protector on it yet. The broken pieces of glass kept slicing my fingers and face. I ordered a replacement screen assembly and repaired it when I got home. Then I sold it and actually made money out of the deal. Long story short... it it fairly easy to do it yourself. I watched a video on Youtube and didn't have any problems. Needless to say the Otterbox is on my new one.
    06-12-2013 11:17 AM
    I hate cases.. but I am starting to think I need one at this point.
    06-13-2013 09:29 AM
    I hate cases.. but I am starting to think I need one at this point.
    I know how you feel, get a slim fit bumper case like the Samsung or Body Guard, they are both pretty grippy.
    06-13-2013 12:26 PM