I have been having a problem with my Galaxy Note 2 and S4 phones making anonymous calls out to people that are not in my contact lists. It has been making calls all over the U.S. not just in my area code although the majority of the anonymous calls are being made from my area code. I have first been having problems with S4 making the calls out using a straight talk SIM. I went to an AT&T store and bought me a Galaxy Note 2 which of course came with a two year service. Since I have had this Note 2, it has been doing the same thing that my S4 was doing calling people I don't know. It makes about 50-70 calls per day to people that I do not know or are in my contact lists. Has anyone else been having problems with these type of phones or any android phone? I went to AT&T and talked to someone from Tech Support who checked my call logs and found out that the numbers that the phone had been calling, do not appear on my call logs. They only appear on my phone call log and I have been having people call me constantly telling me that my phone has called them. Once I receive a call from one of these callers, I place them on my block list so that hopefully my phone will not call them again. And yes, my phone does call them again, because when I check my phone logs, it shows several calls made to this person even though they were placed on my block list. I hope someone else knows of this problem that can help me. I have also factory restored the settings on both phones several times and it still makes the anonymous calls out. Could there be a bug in the android operating system? Thanks!
    06-17-2013 03:28 PM
    Did you download or install any apps? This could be a result of installing something that is bad -- factory reset, don't install any apps and see if the problem stops. I'd give it a day or two before installing new apps. If you must have apps installed only download and install from recognized developers until you are able to pinpoint the problem app.
    06-17-2013 03:41 PM
    The apps that I have installed all came from the play store only. I do not install apps from unknown vendors. I have installed Avast Mobile Security installed along with AVG Anti-virus after my phone has been making calls out but these programs report no virus or intrusions. After my second factory reset, I did not download any apps but waited about a week. My phone still made calls out so I don't think it was a bad app, I can only think that it must be something in the operating system but if no one else has been having that problem, now what?
    06-17-2013 03:51 PM
    IMO it sounds like someone may have cloned your phones. Not sure how they would have done it to you. You might try going to the store and see if they can give you a new phone, new SIM, and new phone number. I would be interested in seeing if this helps.

Did you port your number over from the S4 to your Note II or did you get a new number for your Note II?

Sent from my Samsung Note II using Android Central Forums
    06-18-2013 11:20 AM
    I replaced the phone yesterday with a new phone and did not download any apps. The phone still makes anonymous calls out. It must be the number because I had it ported from Straight Talk. I will try to replace the number and see if that works.
    06-18-2013 11:46 PM
    Do you have google voice or similar service? It would allow other devices to call out using your number.
    06-19-2013 11:14 AM