Hello,
    I plan on going with the pre-paid $25/month plan with ATT using the Note II. The reasoning is that I work alot and there is company wifi that I can use. Also I have Wifi at home so I have no need for a data package. I also use 200-300min/month which is why I'm going for the cheapest plan on ATT.
    I did some research on the international models and it looks like some of the vendors will sometimes send you a phone from a different country which makes it harder to get any repair services on it through warranty. Since I have no need for 4G LTE support, are there models of Note II that are cheaper than their 4G LTE supported counterparts?

This is also my first smartphone that I will be purchasing so any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks
    07-03-2013 08:36 PM
    First of all, I don't believe at&t or any other carrier will allow any smartphone without a data plan on their network prepaid or not.
    Second, I believe that the warranty is only available to the 1st owner through the manufacturer like samsung, they will ask for the receipt to make sure that you are within the first 12 months of purchase or might use the imei to determine when the phone was manufactured and determine if it's less than 1yr old. Unlikely, but they might. The note was released in November, so it's about 8 months old.
    As far as international versions, you need to know what frequencies your local providers use to broadcast their signal and then determine if the phone can operate on those frequencies.
    Other providers might offer better pricing and or coverage and international versions are unlocked, so you can use cricket, tmobile or at&t.

Sent from my Unlocked Galaxy Note II using Android Central Forums
    07-04-2013 06:28 AM
    If you want to use AT&T without data you should go with their prepaid plans. Their postpaid plans indeed require data with smart phones.
    Since you want to purchase the phone on your own, you will have the freedom of going either with AT&T prepaid or one of the many MVNOs using the AT&T spectrum.
    The international versions of Note II or any international phone works on that spectrum, so you have a lot of options.
    I purchased the GT-N7100 Note II from newegg.com last year. They only give you 90 warranty. It should be selling these days for about $500. If your budge is limited, try the Nexus 4 from Google Play for $300.
    07-04-2013 10:47 AM
    On any of the big 4 prepaid would be the best way to go. I got my note 2 from Amazon and it is an ATT unlocked that has a 1 year warranty. Cost $550 but is unlocked.
    07-04-2013 07:58 PM