while I'm at it...restoring...stock messaging apps...redundant and BLAH...substitutes solicited??

christiaustin

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I miss a few things about my iphone, one is the easy clean messaging. With the SGH-i317, even if you "hide" the at&t messaging app, you still have msgs from both the stock 4.1.2 and the at&t, both of which are not only redundant, but both are very lackluster. I'd like to have ONE app to handle my SMS & MMS... I really like the whatsapp interface, , very quick, easy to send any attachments, but unfortunately it only works if the people in your contact list also have the app....bummer.... any other recommendations?? :p

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was using Go SMS Pro, but I just started using Facebook Messenger. I really love the ChatHead interface. I actually think that it works better than the iOS Message app. The best thing is that it is cross platform on both iOS and Android. And other people don't have to have Facebook or Facebook Messenger. It works for normal SMS and MMS as well!

But for your other problem, you could actually disable notification on both the at&t messaging app and stock sms app. I know that you could actually disable the at&t app all together once you uninstall all the updates. That way it won't be running at all! I don't know if you could disable the samsung stock message app though. My is still running but I disabled notification from it so I don't get double.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary