Heya,

Wondering if anyone else has exprerienced this.

The last couple of days when I pull up the stock messaging app to reply to a text message I seem to be getting lag when typing...

I tap letters on the (stock again) keyboard and nothing happens for a couple seconds (like the phone froze) and then all of a sudden whatever I typed appears on the screen and I can continue typing normally until I hit send.

I powered the phone on and off and even used the built-in Application Monitor to free up memory but it is still happening.

Wonderin if anyone had any insight or had experienced this issue.
    07-25-2013 10:47 PM
    Heya,

Wondering if anyone else has exprerienced this.

The last couple of days when I pull up the stock messaging app to reply to a text message I seem to be getting lag when typing...

I tap letters on the (stock again) keyboard and nothing happens for a couple seconds (like the phone froze) and then all of a sudden whatever I typed appears on the screen and I can continue typing normally until I hit send.

I powered the phone on and off and even used the built-in Application Monitor to free up memory but it is still happening.

Wonderin if anyone had any insight or had experienced this issue.
    Well I don't have much to tell except that has been happening on a lot of Galaxy phones. Basically this is a touchwiz thing the heavy animations and transitions is what makes their phone lags. Don't know how you can solve it. I had it when I had a galaxy note II...I reset it still lag...developer options and turned off transitions and animation...still lag. So I found a solution that most can't do. I master wiped to factory default and sold it. I sold it and got a different brand of phone not samsung and that cured my problem.

Like I said though that was my solution there may be many more options to try but I wouldn't waste my time doing that or rooting and messing with new custom roms. IMO a phone should work correctly out the box the first time without me rooting or messing with custom roms. The added topping is the fact that you can play with custom roms but know that your phone doesn't need it. I will now go by the rule of thumb that if I have to use a custom rom just to get the phone to act right...then I won't buy it. And to never buy a phone the first day it comes out.....I will wait at least a month to see what quirks it has. Last rule don't just buy a phone because it carries a big manufacturers name.
    07-29-2013 03:08 PM
    Thank you for the reply - I'm loving the GN2 except that the text lag issue is driving me nuts since it started.

Not sure how to fix it. Tried rebooting to no effect and really hate having to do a factory reset to solve the issue but may have to.
    07-29-2013 11:22 PM
    Thank you for the reply - I'm loving the GN2 except that the text lag issue is driving me nuts since it started.

Not sure how to fix it. Tried rebooting to no effect and really hate having to do a factory reset to solve the issue but may have to.
    Yep do a factory reset and see if it's still there. Even the S4 has the same problem as well on some people's phones. It is indeed a touchwiz problem as the hardware is powerful enough to not have this problem. If a factory reset doesn't work you could exchange it for another one built IMO I would sell it and get another phone from another manufacturer.
    07-30-2013 11:37 AM