Hello all,

My first post here and hope someone might be able to help out. Yesterday a few apps updated, and when I went to check an email I received a message saying ATT Messages wanted my password to activate. I entered it since I wanted to see how that all worked. After about a half hour I decided I did not like it and searched to see how to turn it off. I followed the steps and it was back to normal.

Today, I went to send a text, and I noticed I had received some texts but did not receive notification that they came thru. Neither visual, nor audio notification. I am going batty trying to figure out what in the world to do. Email, Calls, and Voicemail are giving me alerts. Just texts.

So far, I have checked settings and it does show notifications checked for Messages, and ATT Messages is unchecked.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
    08-29-2013 04:02 PM
    Hello all,

My first post here and hope someone might be able to help out. Yesterday a few apps updated, and when I went to check an email I received a message saying ATT Messages wanted my password to activate. I entered it since I wanted to see how that all worked. After about a half hour I decided I did not like it and searched to see how to turn it off. I followed the steps and it was back to normal.

Today, I went to send a text, and I noticed I had received some texts but did not receive notification that they came thru. Neither visual, nor audio notification. I am going batty trying to figure out what in the world to do. Email, Calls, and Voicemail are giving me alerts. Just texts.

So far, I have checked settings and it does show notifications checked for Messages, and ATT Messages is unchecked.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
    Try checking notifications in the other app. That should at least alert you in the status bar. If you can, uncheck the text box, at least it sounds like you want it done that way.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    08-29-2013 04:08 PM
    Hello all,

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
    Go to menu > system settings > applications. Look for the ATT messaging app and restore settings/clear data - note, this will possibly delete any messages you have, so backup those messages if you don't want to lose any.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    08-29-2013 04:09 PM
    If you truly don't want to use AT&T Messages, you could just disable it like I did and it will never bother you again. Go into Settings -> Application Manager, now go to the ALL tab, and find AT&T messages. Once you are in AT&T message screen, click uninstall updates, and once you uninstalled the update, you could disable it. I disabled all the AT&T apps on my phone.
    08-30-2013 08:53 AM
    Thanks for that update, I also disabled my att message. One day it started doing it and I was pissed. I did not like how att tried to make me use that app.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-13-2013 08:26 AM