URGENT: Firmware Update Encounter an Issue. (Note 2)

mikewah

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, Im new here.
I'm a regular user of Samsung and i have never root my Smartphone. My warranty is still on.

So, "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." pop out.

I'm not free to go Samsung Centre and I need to use my phone. So, i try to google it for solution and this came up.
DroidViews | “Firmware upgrade encountered an issue” – Got This Error While Installing Firmware? Here’s the Solution!

I follow the steps and my Note 2 end up with "Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100" keep on repeating.

The, I when to Samsung Centre, the worker say my phone is rooted even if i download the firmware from the Kies and my warranty is void. I have to pay RM600+ to fix the motherboard.

Here's my question,
Is my phone still valid for warranty? Does the firmware affects motherboard? Why should i do?

Thanks for ur advise.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, Im new here.
I'm a regular user of Samsung and i have never root my Smartphone. My warranty is still on.

So, "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." pop out.

I'm not free to go Samsung Centre and I need to use my phone. So, i try to google it for solution and this came up.
DroidViews | “Firmware upgrade encountered an issue” – Got This Error While Installing Firmware? Here’s the Solution!

I follow the steps and my Note 2 end up with "Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100" keep on repeating.

The, I when to Samsung Centre, the worker say my phone is rooted even if i download the firmware from the Kies and my warranty is void. I have to pay RM600+ to fix the motherboard.

Here's my question,
Is my phone still valid for warranty? Does the firmware affects motherboard? Why should i do?

Thanks for ur advise.

Welcome to the forums.
As far as I knew, flashing Samsung firmwares should not void the warranty. As I recall, flashing Stock files doesn't even increase the flash count.

As far as the firmware affecting the motherboard, I think it can, but only if you flash a custom ROM and change things with the the processors. (I most likely may be wrong on this point)

mikewah

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
As far as I knew, flashing Samsung firmwares should not void the warranty. As I recall, flashing Stock files doesn't even increase the flash count.

As far as the firmware affecting the motherboard, I think it can, but only if you flash a custom ROM and change things with the the processors. (I most likely may be wrong on this point)

Thanks for your reply...

I have checked the custom binary download is stated "Yes (1 count)" and i cant turned on my phone now, keep on repeating the " Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100"...
Should i pay to fixed the motherboard?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply...

I have checked the custom binary download is stated "Yes (1 count)" and i cant turned on my phone now, keep on repeating the " Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100"...
Should i pay to fixed the motherboard?

Here is a good counter question: Which is more cost effective: fixing this device or getting a new one?

mikewah

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Here is a good counter question: Which is more cost effective: fixing this device or getting a new one?

Okay. Got it... i'll have to pay. A lesson learned: Don't do anything with ur phone as long as the warranty is still on. Straight to Samsung Centre even it is a small problem.

Thanks =)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay. Got it... i'll have to pay. A lesson learned: Don't do anything with ur phone as long as the warranty is still on. Straight to Samsung Centre even it is a small problem.

Thanks =)

You can try clearing cache in recovery before sending it off. Have you done that?

mikewah

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
You can try clearing cache in recovery before sending it off. Have you done that?

Yea... Still have 1 count... I went to Samsung Centre and the guy wrote Rooted on the warranty sticker at the battery holder without informing me.... i just notice it when i took out the battery when i reached home...

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea... Still have 1 count... I went to Samsung Centre and the guy wrote Rooted on the warranty sticker at the battery holder without informing me.... i just notice it when i took out the battery when i reached home...

Let us know how everything turns out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34