Samsung customer services told me that att have release the 4.3 update to note 2 it's going by imie

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you read http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/11/21/att-galaxy-note-2-android-4-3-update-close/? I chatted with Samsung tech support and their response was consistent to what is mentioned in the article, that Samsung thinks AT&T released the update. Before I chatted with them though, I checked for updates on my phone and Kies, and my phone said the software is up to date (4.1.2, UCAMH3). Clearly, the update has not been released, given that no one here or on other forums have excitedly stated that they got the update.

When I mentioned to the tech support rep that there has been no tech news articles announcing the availability of the update and how no one in various forums have received the update, he then told me that the update was put on hold because of some software issue. I pried a little, asking what kind of issues are keeping it on hold, but all I got was "The software update for Samsung Galaxy Note is temporarily on hold while AT&T and Samsung look into potential improvements." That sounded familiar...

...and that's because I read from several sources online that the AT&T Galaxy S4's update was put on hold for the exact same reason. The update for the S3 was put on hold due to people reporting big problems after updating, and now it's live again.

I also asked the rep if he could tell me when the update will be made available again, only to get that canned response telling me that he can't speculate. I had actually half-expected to get this response, but you never know; some reps have disclosed information about future updates.

I encourage you to chat with Samsung so that other reps can also be made aware that despite Samsung's web site for the AT&T Note 2 saying that it's running 4.3, no update has been released. Maybe there really is a problem with our update, or maybe AT&T hasn't released it yet at all. Those who are analytical about things like this can look into why we haven't gotten the update when the Sprint version and all versions (except Verizon's) of the S3 (which, as we know, has similar characteristics to the Note 2) got it as well.

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Tech news articles reveal that the Note 2 in India is getting 4.3. Hopefully that means it won't be long until everyone else in the U.S. gets it. Yes, I'm constantly scrutinizing the Internet in my spare time for news about this until we get it. I love getting updates.

jvak55

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah nothing like an update. 4.3 has some cool features in it with what little i have played with one of the SIII's.
Runs smooth as can be and love the new mail features. Voice command has come a long way in many areas.
Hopefully with the Galaxy Gear out we will get the Note II update soon:p

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking that AT&T is going to wait until after the Thanksgiving holiday. They are sure to have a reduced support staff during the holiday and by waiting they will be able to accommodate all the calls they anticipate getting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Mobile Nations mobile app

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Where are you located?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Samsung says that device selection for the updates is random. Even so, it's still nice to know for ourselves whether or not the update was released by region or if it really is random.

Mine is downloading now... OTA Update is 623.1mb

Are you in India or are you in the U.S. with Sprint? India and Sprint are the only ones that have gotten the updates as of now. I also ask and say this because no one here has gotten the update. Also, there is still no word from tech news sites about the 4.3 update for the AT&T Galaxy Note 2.

Last edited:

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah - I am just going to wait to be surprised when I see that little notification icon. Until then, what I have is working / works.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Nothing this morning. I did get 4.4 for my Nexus 10 last night, though. So now it's three updates better/past what I have on my Note 2 now.

zaydabarber

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
They must not be ready for sales of the galaxy gear watch watch Verizon Will update before att does

"AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay