02-25-2014 01:53 AM
71 123
tools
    How do you know this? I find it really weird that Kies would be inconsistent with the updates that way. I see no reason that Samsung would decide to not allow Kies updates.
    It's not inconsistent, there is a different Kies for anything under 4.3 and they are doing away with the old one.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-18-2013 05:11 PM
    Any idea how to update unlock att phone which I am using worth tmobile, update says interrupted when I check update, kies not connecting at all so far tried 2 pcs, any help how to update this... Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    I have the same issue and would really love any thoughts, comments or suggestions.
    Shall I assume this update is only possible with downloading a ROM and if so, I need to do it with a MAC not a PC.
    THoughts? Please! Thanks!
    12-19-2013 08:04 AM
    I'm pretty sure you have to wait for the firmware to be uploaded to sammobile and then flash using ODIN. I have the same issue with an unlocked AT&T Note 2 in Canada. I emailed samsung about it and they said that the update would not be available in Kies. Sad.
    12-19-2013 08:13 AM
    Buy a go phone LTE sim card from Walmart. Activate it but don't put any money on it. Put the sim card in your phone and check for update. Update should download and install to your phone. After the update has finished installing, turn your phone off and reinsert your Tmobile sim card. This is what I did for the unlocked Note 2 that I am using on Tmobile.
    Gina Jackson and imheadstrong like this.
    12-19-2013 09:38 AM
    Buy a go phone LTE sim card from Walmart. Activate it but don't put any money on it. Put the sim card in your phone and check for update. Update should download and install to your phone. After the update has finished installing, turn your phone off and reinsert your Tmobile sim card. This is what I did for the unlocked Note 2 that I am using on Tmobile.
    That's really clever actually. Wish I had that option in Canada.
    12-19-2013 09:56 AM
    That's really clever actually. Wish I had that option in Canada.
    You don't have a company that does that in Canada?
    12-19-2013 10:29 AM
    You don't have a company that does that in Canada?
    You can only buy Canadian SIM cards in Canada. Also, I still wouldn't be on the AT&T network so I doubt it would work if I had one anyhow.
    12-19-2013 10:33 AM
    Smart idea! @steelernole I was thinking of borrowing a friend's sim card and updating that way using their card for the update.
    12-19-2013 10:51 AM
    Smart idea! @steelernole I was thinking of borrowing a friend's sim card and updating that way using their card for the update.
    12-19-2013 10:53 AM

BTW - this worked like a charm. It's downloading now
    12-19-2013 05:35 PM
    So here we are 10 days from my original post and still nothing from AT&T here in South Florida

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    12-20-2013 03:33 AM
    So here we are 10 days from my original post and still nothing from AT&T here in South Florida

You have checked for the update? Ok, you were the OP, guessing you have checked..you should call AT&5 and get second level tech support and ask about it.
    12-20-2013 06:29 AM
    You have checked for the update? Ok, you were the OP, guessing you have checked..you should call AT&5 and get second level tech support and ask about it.
    My Note 2 will only let me check every 48 hours which I do. I have to wait 9 hours to the next check. Have spoken with several different people at AT&T and get different responses each time. I'll try to bump it up next time.

12-20-2013 06:08 PM
    Be careful bumping the date, it can and well sometimes, put you out for DAYS.

Why every 48 hours? I can every 24.

Do you know if there is an AT&T DEVICE center near you?
    12-20-2013 07:27 PM
    Does anyone know if there is an auto complete dialpad feature for the samsung note 2 on 4.3? I read somewhere that this feature would be included in 4.3 for note2, I just want to be able to disable the auto complete dialpad. Or is there an app that can add that feature to the note2?
    12-20-2013 10:51 PM
    Finally got the update. I checked this morning and it said nothing was available then a few hours later it began to download. All went well and so far everything is working.

12-22-2013 05:56 PM
    I got my update to 4.3 and it was a lot of work. After my install kept failing......I had root by the way.....I thought using SuperUser and Triangle Away it would reset the flash counter. I performed all the steps to unroot, reset, clear cache, etc. I downloaded 4.3 OTA again and install failed again. Grr. So I installed Odin and a ROM to flash back to 4.1.1, performed the steps required in Odin, and after resetting the flash counter and removing Triangle Away and SuperUser, the Note 2 reset and it had 4.1.1. It then had an update pushed OTA but it was only 4.1.2. After installing I moved the date and clock ahead 48 hours and an update was pushed OTA. It was 4.3. I downloaded it and installed with no problem and am very happy with my Note 2 running 4.3.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    12-22-2013 06:10 PM
    I was able to resolve this issue by performing the following steps:

4.1.2 Update Issues (Jelly Bean) - xda-developers
    01-12-2014 01:07 AM
    i have a note 2 at&t i tried to update it several times already. reboot. factory reset, still can update failed. what to do.
    02-05-2014 04:58 PM
    I HATE the 4.3 update. Is there anyway to downgrade? Thank you!
    02-06-2014 09:04 AM
    I prefer the Samsung keyboard on 4.1 over 4.3. Don't worry 4.4 is coming in or before April for the note 2
    02-25-2014 01:53 AM
71 123