AT&T 4.3 for Note 2 today

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So I unrooted my Note 2, changed the clock ahead, and re-installed. I fully downloaded the update again, it re-booted, and then the message stating the install was interrupted. Now what ?

plumbrich

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Got it here in Alabama today and installed. Everything seems good so far but haven't had time to dig very deep..

"The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force." Adolf Hitler

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Be careful changing dates to check for updates. Many did that last time and got 15-28 DAYS to wait to check for an update again.

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
How do you know this? I find it really weird that Kies would be inconsistent with the updates that way. I see no reason that Samsung would decide to not allow Kies updates.

It's not inconsistent, there is a different Kies for anything under 4.3 and they are doing away with the old one.

Posted via Android Central App

Gina Jackson

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Any idea how to update unlock att phone which I am using worth tmobile, update says interrupted when I check update, kies not connecting at all so far tried 2 pcs, any help how to update this... Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I have the same issue and would really love any thoughts, comments or suggestions.
Shall I assume this update is only possible with downloading a ROM and if so, I need to do it with a MAC not a PC.
THoughts? Please! Thanks!

ldscalgaryguy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you have to wait for the firmware to be uploaded to sammobile and then flash using ODIN. I have the same issue with an unlocked AT&T Note 2 in Canada. I emailed samsung about it and they said that the update would not be available in Kies. Sad.

steelernole

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Buy a go phone LTE sim card from Walmart. Activate it but don't put any money on it. Put the sim card in your phone and check for update. Update should download and install to your phone. After the update has finished installing, turn your phone off and reinsert your Tmobile sim card. This is what I did for the unlocked Note 2 that I am using on Tmobile.

ldscalgaryguy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Buy a go phone LTE sim card from Walmart. Activate it but don't put any money on it. Put the sim card in your phone and check for update. Update should download and install to your phone. After the update has finished installing, turn your phone off and reinsert your Tmobile sim card. This is what I did for the unlocked Note 2 that I am using on Tmobile.

That's really clever actually. Wish I had that option in Canada.

Gina Jackson

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Smart idea! @steelernole I was thinking of borrowing a friend's sim card and updating that way using their card for the update.

Gina Jackson

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

BTW - this worked like a charm. It's downloading now ;)