01-18-2014 09:54 PM
154 1234 ...
tools
    Got rid of unstable wife message on my Note 2 after the 4.3 up date by going to advanced settings in wi-fi and selecting never for the option to keep wi-fi on during sleep
    Let me check that..I had that off before, obviously some of those type things were reset with the upgrade.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-17-2013 10:51 PM
    Got rid of unstable wife message on my Note 2 after the 4.3 up date by going to advanced settings in wi-fi and selecting never for the option to keep wi-fi on during sleep
    "Unstable wife" made me laugh, another auto type FAIL...
    ReginaLiz and phillthedrill like this.
    12-18-2013 12:43 AM
    Fitbit Force no longer syncs with the Note 2 after the update, reported to Fitbit as did a previous poster. It is not even an option in the Fitbit app any longer, really makes me bummed.
    12-18-2013 12:46 AM
    Some of the things I liked:
    Default Mail app is much better
    - Top Notification icons background is same as wallpaper
    - S note response
    - Unlock code takes the input perfectly now
    - Screen looks better (not sure if that is true)
    - I had to install video editor apk earlier. Now after the update, it is identified by samsung app store and udpated it to the latest version

Lost the below:
    - No more stocks or news sticker on lock screen
    - Don't like the way calendar widget looks now. But it updates itself now (Earlier I had to manually click on refresh)
    - My RAM usage was around ~<70% before upgrade, now it consistently between ~75 to 80%. I hope this will not affect my battery performance as am expecting better performance.
    12-18-2013 03:18 AM
    I just updated my phone with no problems. Here's one of the things I noticed about the update.

Skip over to 1:27 on this video:

The guy on there mentions the "Use for all screens" for the one-handed operation setting. I looked for this setting but it wasn't there. For those who updated, do you see that setting there? It's under Settings>My device>Input and control>One-handed operation. My suspicion is that AT&T removed the "Use for all screens" feature.

I'll keep you posted on the other things I find on this update.
    I just checked mine, and I don't have the 'use for all screens' option either. Very weird. I wonder if AT&T decided to scrap it from their version of the firmware. I wonder what reason they could have for getting rid of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    12-18-2013 07:02 AM
    "Unstable wife" made me laugh, another auto type FAIL...
    Yeah I think that's the Auto-Nag feature. Nice to see that gone, lol
    phillthedrill likes this.
    12-18-2013 07:34 AM
    I'm having problems downloading/installing some humble bundle games. Anyone else having this problem?

12-18-2013 07:40 AM
    Did att disable Knox? I keep hearing it eats battery and I can't find it to kill it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
    12-18-2013 08:48 AM
    After 4.3 update, my wifi will not connect. If I turn "airplane mode" on then wifi will connect. Any suggestions? Am I missing an obvious setting?
    12-18-2013 09:12 AM
    Android people!

My carrier is Sprint. I've had a few freezes here and there. When pressing the physical home button, it takes about 1 1/2 seconds to take me to the home screen, which before it didn't had problems.

If any ideas on how to solve this problems, please share them with us, thanks!
    12-18-2013 11:19 AM
    After 4.3 update, my wifi will not connect. If I turn "airplane mode" on then wifi will connect. Any suggestions? Am I missing an obvious setting?
    Do you have att smart wifi enabled. Even if you had disabled it previosly it may have reenabled after the update.

As for me...ive had the update for 24 hours and I love it. No battery issues or wifi problems of anykind. Remember if an app you like isnt working it may just not be compatible with 4.3 yet. Be patient or email the developer for an update.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    12-18-2013 02:01 PM
    Got the update last night. Today I really, *really* needed to check one of my S-Notes and it won't open. The S-Note app with my folders opens up, then after a second or so I get "Unfortunately, S Note has stopped." I restarted the phone but no change. Any ideas/suggestions?
    12-18-2013 02:24 PM
    Update to my message of a few minutes ago: I was able to access the note I needed in the "My Files" app. S-Note itself still crashes. . . .
    12-18-2013 02:37 PM
    Updating mines... right now. 80% =)
    12-18-2013 03:45 PM
    I just checked mine, and I don't have the 'use for all screens' option either. Very weird. I wonder if AT&T decided to scrap it from their version of the firmware. I wonder what reason they could have for getting rid of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    I honestly don't understand why they removed it either. I wonder if the other carrier versions of the Note 2 removed that feature too.

Other things I noticed about the update:

1. When you're playing music with the default music app and lock the phone and turn the screen back on, it shows the music player widget instead of the clock. Not sure how I feel about that.

2. Battery life isn't so great (6 hours off the charger with 2 hours of screen time and battery is at 35%; making a few calls, browsing Facebook and the web, and reading e-mail). Since it's only been a day since I installed the update, I don't exactly know why. I had installed all of my apps at once and put in all my files assuming that nothing was going to go wrong with the phone.

3. Exchange services use more battery for some reason; I have only one account using the service (the other e-mail I have being Gmail) with it only syncing e-mail, peak times are 24/7, set to sync all mail of all sizes.

4. You can finally rearrange the toggles!

5. Despite some people saying that they don't like the new notification system for text messages on the lock screen, I actually like it because it allows you to preview the message without having to open the messaging app.

6. Confirmed: NO AIR COMMAND
    12-18-2013 04:02 PM
    I updated my Note 2 yesterday afternoon.no problem so far. Running smoothly. I have no complaints.

I like the new calendar and calculator. Most of my regular apps were not dependant on the update. I'll check back in a few weeks.

12-18-2013 04:24 PM
    Just installed new up-date. Several apps are now freezing or not working at all(Lookout, Starbucks,) and speed is slower wioth update. I am not loving the newUseage Manager as it fails to accurately show battery life. So far, not impressed with this ipdate at all . Anyone else finding it less than promised?
    12-18-2013 06:29 PM
    I just had the same issue and when I restated the phone I was able to access my S Note. However, several other Apps including my Kindle now state "Unfortunately, Kindle has stopped."
    12-18-2013 06:36 PM
    Just installed new up-date. Several apps are now freezing or not working at all(Lookout, Starbucks,) and speed is slower wioth update. I am not loving the newUseage Manager as it fails to accurately show battery life. So far, not impressed with this ipdate at all . Anyone else finding it less than promised?
    The usage manager displays the same information as their respective original menu items found in the settings, which haven't changed at all. These are only meant to give you a general understanding of what is chewing up your battery life. There are more powerful apps in the Play Store that allows you to see what exactly is eating battery life, but the Android version is a good starting place for that.

I have to say though, that a few minutes after I installed the update, there was a bit of lag, but it went away as I used it more throughout the day. Just give it a few hours and hopefully it will be fine. If not, you will need to do a factory reset to clear everything up. And it never hurts to uninstall and reinstall apps that are misbehaving.
    12-18-2013 06:40 PM
    No problems here
    I was used to the update as we have 4 Slll's for the company
    Battery life seemed to go out a little faster ,but I was doing a bunch of stuff with architects and photos blah ,blah today .
    Sure was hoping for the air command ,guess its time to upgrade...
    12-18-2013 06:51 PM
    Just over a day since updating OS and my battery life is awesome. 54% left since updating yesterday. No changes were made in settings. I will set up the way I usually have it and will see if anything changes. So far so good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-18-2013 06:58 PM
    Update to my message of a few minutes ago: I was able to access the note I needed in the "My Files" app. S-Note itself still crashes. . . .
    S note working fine. What problems are you seeing on your end?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4
    12-18-2013 07:44 PM
    My fit bit force stated syncing with the phone automagically.

Battery seems to drain faster with the 4.3 update.

Also, the bluetooth hands free in my sonata doesn't seem to read the phone book anymore.

The Samsung keyboard swipe recognition is worse.

12-18-2013 07:54 PM
    I'm holding off on updating until battery consumption is verified (some say it's fine other notice faster drainage), but I have two questions.

1. Is the screen rotation "glitch" fixed?
    2. Does the keyboard stay selected after a reboot now or default like 4.2?

Only two reasons I want to update and frankly, if battery life is anything like my wife's 4.3 S3 I'll be sticking with 4.2
    ska916jedi likes this.
    12-18-2013 08:20 PM
    I'm holding off on updating until battery consumption is verified (some say it's fine other notice faster drainage), but I have two questions.

1. Is the screen rotation "glitch" fixed?
    2. Does the keyboard stay selected after a reboot now or default like 4.2?

Only two reasons I want to update and frankly, if battery life is anything like my wife's 4.3 S3 I'll be sticking with 4.2
    So far it's my understanding that the screen rotation bug is finally fixed; I haven't had any problems with it yet since I updated yesterday afternoon. Not sure about the keyboard, as I only use the Samsung keyboard. It works well enough for me. As far as I know, however, I never had the reverting keyboard problem.
    ska916jedi likes this.
    12-18-2013 08:33 PM
154 1234 ...