01-18-2014 09:54 PM
154 12345 ...
tools
    Tried all that; I spent 90 minutes with ATT rep and they are sending me a different phone do to software issues. I hope that fixes it. Apparently, noone else has experienced this issue; so maybe it's just my phone!
    12-18-2013 08:36 PM
    I'm having a problem with the "transfer to sd card" function. Here are the steps I'm taking:

On the new update, there's now a list of apps that can be transferred over to the sd card. Apps like Netflix, Twitch TV and such can all now be moved, so I did.

The apps all work fine until I use the "clear RAM" option. After that, all the apps I transferred stop functioning. When I try opening them, it tells me that they aren't responding.

I tried restarting my phone, but that just erases the apps from my phone all together.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'd love to be able to transfer some of my larger apps to my sd card, but not if it stops me from using the "clear RAM" function.
    12-18-2013 10:23 PM
    I hate the 4.3! The Contacts looks bad with the lame drawings and the picture screen. It makes the phone more brighter and more pixilated
    12-18-2013 10:48 PM
    I hate the 4.3! The Contacts looks bad with the lame drawings and the picture screen. It makes the phone more brighter and more pixilated
    I had those drawings before the 4.3 upgrade..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-18-2013 11:30 PM
    I'm holding off on updating until battery consumption is verified (some say it's fine other notice faster drainage), but I have two questions.

1. Is the screen rotation "glitch" fixed?
    2. Does the keyboard stay selected after a reboot now or default like 4.2?

Only two reasons I want to update and frankly, if battery life is anything like my wife's 4.3 S3 I'll be sticking with 4.2
    For the battery, I did a reset after the upgrade, I waited about 12 hours to reset, my battery is fine now.

I use the paid Swype keyboard, just rebooted and my keyboard stayed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
    SoreAintya likes this.
    12-18-2013 11:36 PM
    After updating yesterday and playing with it today here is my feedback so far. At times it seems a little laggy. It erased some of the contact photos. It did appear that the battery did drain faster. I will check it tomorrow. I didn't really play around with the other things so I will follow up with that later. I am not a fan of the new auto-correct. Very apple-ish. I probably just have to get used to it

Posted via Android Central App
    12-19-2013 12:40 AM
    Okay, I am interested in the Knox feature. I see in the Security area, that I can activate Knox as a Device Administrator. I do not see the Knox app on my phone at all. what am I missing?
    12-19-2013 05:44 AM
    I'm holding off on updating until battery consumption is verified (some say it's fine other notice faster drainage), but I have two questions.

1. Is the screen rotation "glitch" fixed?
    2. Does the keyboard stay selected after a reboot now or default like 4.2?

Only two reasons I want to update and frankly, if battery life is anything like my wife's 4.3 S3 I'll be sticking with 4.2
    I've not had the screen rotation problem yet, although I only updated last night. Its appearance was never predictable, though. But so far so good.

I have Swift Key installed and selected, and it stays selected after reboot. I've uninstalled that little app Keyboard Picker!

Text messaging screen is different -- all bubbles now with pics of contacts, much more spread out, even using the volume key to reduce the text size.

The new clock widget (which is now like the one on the S4) and my BeWeather widget take longer loading on startup for some reason. Also, the multi-window tab appears automatically at start up -- I don't see anything in Settings to make it not do so.

Speaking of Settings, it's now a multiple screen deal as it is on the S4.
    SoreAintya likes this.
    12-19-2013 06:28 AM
    The battery life seems worse since the upgrade (imo).
    12-19-2013 06:59 AM
    My phone hada full charge at 12AM, so I decided to unplug and see how much battery would drain by the time I had to wake up and go to work... And in 5 and a half hours of standby, it was down to 80% battery. The main culprit was Google Play Services. What's up with that?
    12-19-2013 09:36 AM
    Anyone having battery issues should really do a factory reset..

Also Knox on AT&T, it's not working correctly, it is not in the app drawer.
    12-19-2013 10:27 AM
    I am having the same wifi connectivity problem. Talked to the AT&T tech, and they told me to refresh, hard reset, and after 2 hours on the phone, no avail.

Then they referred me to the Samsung technician, and I spent another hour on the phone with them, and did the same deleting user profile, factory reset and they started a work ticket.

Then I went to AT&T device support center, guy told me, "well, looks like wifi will turn on, you just have to turn mobile data off everytime you're near a wifi location. You found a solution on your on by turning off mobile data. You're lucky you're smart. Keep doing that method."

What?

I then said, "wait, so if a car's brake malfunctions, will the auto manufacturer say, 'just use emergency brakes' until we can figure it out."

He responded, "yes, that's right."

Wow...
    12-19-2013 10:35 AM
    Do you have att smart wifi enabled. Even if you had disabled it previosly it may have reenabled after the update.

As for me...ive had the update for 24 hours and I love it. No battery issues or wifi problems of anykind. Remember if an app you like isnt working it may just not be compatible with 4.3 yet. Be patient or email the developer for an update.
    Did that and still won't connect. AT&T tech told me, "Never heard of that. We have 7 million customers, don't you think I would have heard of that?"
    12-19-2013 10:38 AM
    I am having the same wifi connectivity problem. Talked to the AT&T tech, and they told me to refresh, hard reset, and after 2 hours on the phone, no avail.

Then they referred me to the Samsung technician, and I spent another hour on the phone with them, and did the same deleting user profile, factory reset and they started a work ticket.

Then I went to AT&T warranty center, the jerk there told me, "well, looks like wifi will turn on, you just have to turn mobile data off everytime you're near a wifi location. You found a solution on your on by turning off mobile data. You're lucky you're a smart girl. Keep doing that method." What?

I then said, "wait, so if a car's brake malfunctions, will the auto manufacturer say, 'just use emergency brakes' until we can figure it out."

He responded, "yes, that's right."

Wow...
    Wait..AT&T..did you disable their Smart Wi-Fi and the mobile hotspot app they have?
    12-19-2013 10:38 AM
    A couple good things and couple bad things with the new update:

The Bad:
    The "snooze" function is very unpredictable now. I have mine set to allow me to snooze 10x. I typically press the power button to snooze. I've found that it either doesn't snooze at all and turns the alarm off completely, or will only snooze a couple times (I tested this today when fully awake and alert just to make sure I wasn't crazy). Very frustrating... I'm lucky I woke up on my own or it would have made me late for work. I might just have to download a new app.

Also, there is now an autocorrect feature built into the Samsung keyboard that will not turn off (even after adjusting settings). This is really pissing me off because I'll type out a word and it'll change it unless I tap on the word. I've switched over to the Swype keyboard, but that one doesn't have one-handed operation settings (from what I could tell).

It's possible I'm just dumb, but my screen no longer unlocks to the text message screen when I swipe across an incoming message.

The Good:

The camera no longer makes a noise on the silent setting. The quick tab for dual-screen apps is about half the size so it doesn't get in the way as much as it did so I'll probably keep it visible now. So far those are the only things I've noticed, other than a few icon updates and minor visuals on apps like the calculator, etc.
    12-19-2013 10:43 AM
    Go to "applications, all" find these two apps, click on them and choose "force stop" then "turn off".
    Attached Thumbnails 4.3 update for Note 2: Post your results and feedback here-1387471691621.jpg  
    note2inaustintx likes this.
    12-19-2013 10:48 AM

The Bad:
    The "snooze" function is very unpredictable now. I have mine set to allow me to snooze 10x. I typically press the power button to snooze. I've found that it either doesn't snooze at all and turns the alarm off completely, or will only snooze a couple times (I tested this today when fully awake and alert just to make sure I wasn't crazy). Very frustrating... I'm lucky I woke up on my own or it would have made me late for work. I might just have to download a new app.

Also, there is now an autocorrect feature built into the Samsung keyboard that will not turn off (even after adjusting settings). This is really pissing me off because I'll type out a word and it'll change it unless I tap on the word. I've switched over to the Swype keyboard, but that one doesn't have one-handed operation settings (from what I could tell).

It's possible I'm just dumb, but my screen no longer unlocks to the text message screen when I swipe across an incoming message.

The Good:

The camera no longer makes a noise on the silent setting. The quick tab for dual-screen apps is about half the size so it doesn't get in the way as much as it did so I'll probably keep it visible now. So far those are the only things I've noticed, other than a few icon updates and minor visuals on apps like the calculator, etc.
    For your little buggy issues..did you do a factory reset after the update?
    12-19-2013 10:55 AM
    Go to "applications, all" find these two apps, click on them and choose "force stop" then "turn off".
    Hi Kelly, thanks for your help! I did those last night, and this is what it looks like.
    4.3 update for Note 2: Post your results and feedback here-1.png
    Then I see a public wifi spot, and it just says it is "disabled," whereas it has always connected by itself.
    Attached Thumbnails 4.3 update for Note 2: Post your results and feedback here-2.png  
    ska916jedi likes this.
    12-19-2013 11:07 AM

The Bad:

The Good:

Try Dock Clock for all your alarm needs.

As for your stock keyboard..try Swiftkey. There's a free trial version to get you addicted, it's seriously the best keyboard option out there.
    12-19-2013 11:15 AM
    Now mine has ALWAYS connected automatically to a saved wifi I have, I mean forever, even with my S3, if I keep wifi turned on.

I'm not sure why that public one is turned off. Did you tap it and look at the advanced options and see it there was something there?

Also, I'll be looking at some *# codes that I haven't used in a while and see if there are any new options there. Gimme a few mins to do that.

EDITED TO ADD:

Didn't see anything in the codes.

Are you using power saving mode?
    note2inaustintx likes this.
    12-19-2013 11:19 AM
    Try Dock Clock for all your alarm needs.

As for your stock keyboard..try Swiftkey. There's a free trial version to get you addicted, it's seriously the best keyboard option out there.
    I think the big issue is these things should be working and one shouldn't need different apps because stock apps aren't working correctly.

I never do an update without finishing it off with a reset, most people stop around the cell phone world do the same. It's just seems sometimes updates are buggy, just like an OS update on a PC. The factory reset almost always gets rid of the buggy issues.
    12-19-2013 11:46 AM
    I did my update last night... After the update, I did a factory reset just to clear all the crap I've uploaded/installed. Now my Note 2 is running like NEW!!! Everything is smooth and fast, no lag what's so ever, not like before. And my battery life is clearly making a big difference! No problems here, I feel like I just bought a brand new spanking phone! =)
    12-19-2013 12:00 PM

I noticed this too at first. Then I noticed that there is a "swoosh arrow" next to the suggested words above the keyboard. Click on that "swoosh arrow" to skip the auto-correct word. I would sometimes type in a different language, and obviously it would auto-correct it into English, but that "swoosh arrow" will skip/keep the actual word you want to type. I hope this helps!
    12-19-2013 12:05 PM
    Now mine has ALWAYS connected automatically to a saved wifi I have, I mean forever, even with my S3, if I keep wifi turned on.

I'm not sure why that public one is turned off. Did you tap it and look at the advanced options and see it there was something there?

Also, I'll be looking at some *# codes that I haven't used in a while and see if there are any new options there. Gimme a few mins to do that.

EDITED TO ADD:

Didn't see anything in the codes.

Are you using power saving mode?
    Turned off power saving also last night after perusing Android forums.

How do you set the Wifi spot to be "ALWAYS" connect? I don't have that option, or I would select that.
    12-19-2013 12:07 PM
    I'm loving the 4.3 features, especially the new Alarm: Time, Weather, & News feature!

Instead of the typical alarm sound, you can set your alarm and when it goes off, it will tell you what Time it is, what's the Weather in your area, and it will tell you the Top Story in the News. You can also change the News to Sports, Tech, Money, etc... or just leave at Top Stories. Incredible! And it still has the Snooze option in it.
    12-19-2013 12:09 PM
154 12345 ...