4.3 update for Note 2: Post your results and feedback here

ldscalgaryguy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm running an unlocked AT&T Note 2 in Canada. As far as I know, OTA will never work for me. I've checked Kies and it's not showing me any updates past 4.1.2. Does anyone know typically how long it will take before I see the update?

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you on AT&T's network in Canada or are you on a Canadian carrier? Your best option is to contact whatever carrier you're on and ask about the update. But I don't think you'd run into any problems with the update for your phone. After all, your phone is just an AT&T Note 2 that's been freed from its cage (SIM lock) and the update was created specifically for the AT&T Note 2, regardless of whether it's locked or unlocked. Problems would start to emerge if you tried to install the 4.3 update for the international version. But you wouldn't do that now, would you? :)

I don't know too much about unlocked phones located in other countries, so I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

Who has downloaded and installed the update? How did it go and what changes/problems did you notice so far?

ldscalgaryguy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Rogers up here in Canada. I know that I have to use the AT&T firmware. I'm hoping that it'll be as simple as Kies getting the update soon and I can just download as usual.

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I think that if you try to use the software update option directly on your phone, the connection will fail because you're not on AT&T; you need to be on AT&T to update the firmware officially from them. Updating via Kies is apparently not an option, because my phone is connected to Kies right now, but it gives the error "Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via Kies."

mhenne4

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
juma9edu.jpg

Maybe we didn't get air command?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Leofsiege

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I have it. Looks great so far. I was hoping for S Health, but don't see it. The only problem I have is that my Fitbit Flex no longer syncs with the BlueTooth. I have an email in to FitBit Support.
Screenshot_2013-12-17-14-31-35.png

mhenne4

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I found I am able to download and install Google wallet (used to be at&t blocked it)

I can't seem to find the nfc pay in store option inside the wallet? Did att block this feature?

update: Well it would seem that tap and pay was disabled somehow. Any ideas how to work around this?

Update2: after a lengthy conversation with att, they can't provide the answer because there isn't an answer.....I hate att

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I just updated my phone with no problems. Here's one of the things I noticed about the update.

Skip over to 1:27 on this video: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Special Feature Episode 1: What's New in Android 4.3 Part 1 - YouTube

The guy on there mentions the "Use for all screens" for the one-handed operation setting. I looked for this setting but it wasn't there. For those who updated, do you see that setting there? It's under Settings>My device>Input and control>One-handed operation. My suspicion is that AT&T removed the "Use for all screens" feature.

I'll keep you posted on the other things I find on this update.

jblaze38

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Got mine this afternoon! Look nice! Seemed a little sluggish at first, but updates came immediately & cleared the issue!

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you, the WiFi is not as good. I was where I have a wifi I use ask the time, not a great signal, but now the signal is almost non-existent and I'm getting a "your Wi-Fi has become unstable" notification.

Posted via Android Central App

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Can u update it through kies

"AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2"

You cannot update through Kies. Connecting your phone to Kies will give this error message: "Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via Kies." The only option is to update OTA, via Wi-Fi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1