4.3 update for Note 2: Post your results and feedback here

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I too think the screen is much clear. I keep looking at it ;)

Posted via Android Central App

LOL, I was doing the same last night -- just looking at it as if it were a brand new phone. There was definitely something refreshed in the display that I can't put my finger on precisely. Seems sharper. I normally have it set to Dynamic because I like the pop of the saturation. But it's set to "Adapt display" now.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I want to second (or third) the comments about battery life. It does seem to have taken quite a hit with the update. I'm at 56% right now, at about 2:30 in the afternoon (running my Note 2 since 6 am). It was the same yesterday. I'd normally be somewhere in the 70s at this time, at least.

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys... I heard/read with the new 4.3 update, people can now Group Chat on the native/stock messaging app?

Well, my cousins (iPhone) added me to their group chat via sms, though when other people would reply, each message from each individual would have it's own window, it's not all group in one. So I would have to open each message from each of them, which is frustrating. Same thing with Google Hangout, I have my Hangout sync with my sms messages and same group chat and same result.

Any advice? Thanks!

slowmandroid

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded from 4.1.2 to 4.3 on my Note II, non-rooted on Three in the UK. Third day in, I haven't really noticed any benefits, but I do have issues with it:

1. First day after upgrade phone locked up after screen went to sleep, with general browser, email, pdf applications running. No response to nav key or power button. Had to remove battery as was unresponsive. Never happened before.

2. Second day after upgrade phone locked up after screen went to sleep with various standard apps and Ummano podcast app running. Audio still playing but no response to nav key or power button or volume key. Had to remove battery again to restart the phone.

3. Kindle app: volume button now changes two pages at once. It is virtually uncontrollable. It was fine when running 4.1.2. One press, one page. Now this functionality is rendered useless. Bad driver for volume key I guess.

4. Stock email background colour is now forced white. I hate that. I want it to be black again. Read email now looks like unread email as it is highlighted more. Bad design. Bad UX and no choice to change it.

5. Need more time to enter lock pattern. Screen goes dark again in about 5 seconds. Cannot find any setting to adjust this. Annoying.

6. Generally 4.3 ignored a lot of my personalised settings and is behaving as though I am a new user, running first-run screens everywhere.

7. My keyboard now seems unable to remember that I want a comma to be kept as a user preference in the key to the left of the space bar. Bad UX.

8. My partner updated her s3 to 4.3 and had to change her screen saver because she could no longer read the icons in the top bar because the black background has been removed. A small detail but an unwanted and essentially forced changed. Bad UX.

9. If anything my battery is draining more quickly now. Marginal but noticeable. Certainly no improvement.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Zero issues. Battery seems about the same or better. Of course I did a master reset after upgrade

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

NicoleW78

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I like a few of the changes with the update, but I'm pretty disappointed overall. My battery life has taken a MAJOR hit and I have no wifi unless I turn on airplane mode and then turn on wifi. From what I've read, it seems doing a reset will fix this. :/ Is there any other way? I'm not rooted, totally stock. I have some experience in rooting and running custom ROMs, but didn't really want to do that on my phone yet. I've been happy with it until this update.

Thanks!

no1

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm that a factory reset fixed the battery drain issue for me. I am stock, and I had terrible drain for 2 days before completing a factory reset. The battery life is now comparable to what I had with 4.1.2.

Junguk Hur

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to 4.3 (att). The keyboard has got much worse.
1. Swype doesn't add any word to my custom dictionary. I did reset the swype and cleaned the cache, but no luck.
2. Keyboard occasionally becomes unresponsive for a few seconds.
3. Wifi gets frequently disconnected.

I want to go back to my previous version.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So far I like the new update. The system icons (internet, calculator, etc) looks more refined. The notification bar up on top now blends in with the wallpaper color. The screen seems to look better overall. I turned off Auto Brightness and haven't encountered any rotation bug yet. And after reboot, the OS remembers my swiftkey keyboard now! The new mail app now has built in Preview jpeg, before it has to open up Gallery. Photo Editor is now part of the OS...don't have to side load it anymore.

Not sure about battery drain yet since I just got the update this morning.

Derrick Gott

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
If you are running an AT&T Galaxy Note 2 with 4.3 you CANNOT find GTA San Andreas. The Google play store deems the phone "Not a supported device" yet AT&T Galaxy Note 2 with 4.1.2 is a "Supported Device" and able to download it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC