4.3 update for Note 2: Post your results and feedback here

babylon5fan

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Note 2 yesterday afternoon.no problem so far. Running smoothly. I have no complaints.

I like the new calendar and calculator. Most of my regular apps were not dependant on the update. I'll check back in a few weeks.

Posted via Android Central App

tomnow10

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Just installed new up-date. Several apps are now freezing or not working at all(Lookout, Starbucks,) and speed is slower wioth update. I am not loving the newUseage Manager as it fails to accurately show battery life. So far, not impressed with this ipdate at all . Anyone else finding it less than promised?

tomnow10

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I just had the same issue and when I restated the phone I was able to access my S Note. However, several other Apps including my Kindle now state "Unfortunately, Kindle has stopped."

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Just installed new up-date. Several apps are now freezing or not working at all(Lookout, Starbucks,) and speed is slower wioth update. I am not loving the newUseage Manager as it fails to accurately show battery life. So far, not impressed with this ipdate at all . Anyone else finding it less than promised?

The usage manager displays the same information as their respective original menu items found in the settings, which haven't changed at all. These are only meant to give you a general understanding of what is chewing up your battery life. There are more powerful apps in the Play Store that allows you to see what exactly is eating battery life, but the Android version is a good starting place for that.

I have to say though, that a few minutes after I installed the update, there was a bit of lag, but it went away as I used it more throughout the day. Just give it a few hours and hopefully it will be fine. If not, you will need to do a factory reset to clear everything up. And it never hurts to uninstall and reinstall apps that are misbehaving.

jvak55

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
No problems here
I was used to the update as we have 4 Slll's for the company
Battery life seemed to go out a little faster ,but I was doing a bunch of stuff with architects and photos blah ,blah today .
Sure was hoping for the air command ,guess its time to upgrade...:cool:

So_Wut

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just over a day since updating OS and my battery life is awesome. 54% left since updating yesterday. No changes were made in settings. I will set up the way I usually have it and will see if anything changes. So far so good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
My fit bit force stated syncing with the phone automagically.

Battery seems to drain faster with the 4.3 update.

Also, the bluetooth hands free in my sonata doesn't seem to read the phone book anymore.

The Samsung keyboard swipe recognition is worse.

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm holding off on updating until battery consumption is verified (some say it's fine other notice faster drainage), but I have two questions.

1. Is the screen rotation "glitch" fixed?
2. Does the keyboard stay selected after a reboot now or default like 4.2?

Only two reasons I want to update and frankly, if battery life is anything like my wife's 4.3 S3 I'll be sticking with 4.2

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm holding off on updating until battery consumption is verified (some say it's fine other notice faster drainage), but I have two questions.

Only two reasons I want to update and frankly, if battery life is anything like my wife's 4.3 S3 I'll be sticking with 4.2

So far it's my understanding that the screen rotation bug is finally fixed; I haven't had any problems with it yet since I updated yesterday afternoon. Not sure about the keyboard, as I only use the Samsung keyboard. It works well enough for me. As far as I know, however, I never had the reverting keyboard problem.

dee5169

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Tried all that; I spent 90 minutes with ATT rep and they are sending me a different phone do to software issues. I hope that fixes it. Apparently, noone else has experienced this issue; so maybe it's just my phone!

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a problem with the "transfer to sd card" function. Here are the steps I'm taking:

On the new update, there's now a list of apps that can be transferred over to the sd card. Apps like Netflix, Twitch TV and such can all now be moved, so I did.

The apps all work fine until I use the "clear RAM" option. After that, all the apps I transferred stop functioning. When I try opening them, it tells me that they aren't responding.

I tried restarting my phone, but that just erases the apps from my phone all together.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'd love to be able to transfer some of my larger apps to my sd card, but not if it stops me from using the "clear RAM" function.

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I hate the 4.3! The Contacts looks bad with the lame drawings and the picture screen. It makes the phone more brighter and more pixilated :(

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

For the battery, I did a reset after the upgrade, I waited about 12 hours to reset, my battery is fine now.

I use the paid Swype keyboard, just rebooted and my keyboard stayed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
After updating yesterday and playing with it today here is my feedback so far. At times it seems a little laggy. It erased some of the contact photos. It did appear that the battery did drain faster. I will check it tomorrow. I didn't really play around with the other things so I will follow up with that later. I am not a fan of the new auto-correct. Very apple-ish. I probably just have to get used to it

Leofsiege

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I am interested in the Knox feature. I see in the Security area, that I can activate Knox as a Device Administrator. I do not see the Knox app on my phone at all. what am I missing?

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I've not had the screen rotation problem yet, although I only updated last night. Its appearance was never predictable, though. But so far so good.

I have Swift Key installed and selected, and it stays selected after reboot. I've uninstalled that little app Keyboard Picker!

Text messaging screen is different -- all bubbles now with pics of contacts, much more spread out, even using the volume key to reduce the text size.

The new clock widget (which is now like the one on the S4) and my BeWeather widget take longer loading on startup for some reason. Also, the multi-window tab appears automatically at start up -- I don't see anything in Settings to make it not do so.

Speaking of Settings, it's now a multiple screen deal as it is on the S4.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
My phone hada full charge at 12AM, so I decided to unplug and see how much battery would drain by the time I had to wake up and go to work... And in 5 and a half hours of standby, it was down to 80% battery. The main culprit was Google Play Services. What's up with that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney