4.3 update for Note 2: Post your results and feedback here

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having battery issues should really do a factory reset..

Also Knox on AT&T, it's not working correctly, it is not in the app drawer.

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same wifi connectivity problem. Talked to the AT&T tech, and they told me to refresh, hard reset, and after 2 hours on the phone, no avail.

Then they referred me to the Samsung technician, and I spent another hour on the phone with them, and did the same deleting user profile, factory reset and they started a work ticket.

Then I went to AT&T device support center, guy told me, "well, looks like wifi will turn on, you just have to turn mobile data off everytime you're near a wifi location. You found a solution on your on by turning off mobile data. You're lucky you're smart. Keep doing that method."

What?

I then said, "wait, so if a car's brake malfunctions, will the auto manufacturer say, 'just use emergency brakes' until we can figure it out."

He responded, "yes, that's right."

Wow...:eek:

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Do you have att smart wifi enabled. Even if you had disabled it previosly it may have reenabled after the update.

As for me...ive had the update for 24 hours and I love it. No battery issues or wifi problems of anykind. Remember if an app you like isnt working it may just not be compatible with 4.3 yet. Be patient or email the developer for an update.

Did that and still won't connect. AT&T tech told me, "Never heard of that. We have 7 million customers, don't you think I would have heard of that?"

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same wifi connectivity problem. Talked to the AT&T tech, and they told me to refresh, hard reset, and after 2 hours on the phone, no avail.

Then they referred me to the Samsung technician, and I spent another hour on the phone with them, and did the same deleting user profile, factory reset and they started a work ticket.

Then I went to AT&T warranty center, the jerk there told me, "well, looks like wifi will turn on, you just have to turn mobile data off everytime you're near a wifi location. You found a solution on your on by turning off mobile data. You're lucky you're a smart girl. Keep doing that method." What?

I then said, "wait, so if a car's brake malfunctions, will the auto manufacturer say, 'just use emergency brakes' until we can figure it out."

He responded, "yes, that's right."

Wow...:eek:

Wait..AT&T..did you disable their Smart Wi-Fi and the mobile hotspot app they have?

Chickenbutt723

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
A couple good things and couple bad things with the new update:

The Bad:
The "snooze" function is very unpredictable now. I have mine set to allow me to snooze 10x. I typically press the power button to snooze. I've found that it either doesn't snooze at all and turns the alarm off completely, or will only snooze a couple times (I tested this today when fully awake and alert just to make sure I wasn't crazy). Very frustrating... I'm lucky I woke up on my own or it would have made me late for work. I might just have to download a new app.

Also, there is now an autocorrect feature built into the Samsung keyboard that will not turn off (even after adjusting settings). This is really pissing me off because I'll type out a word and it'll change it unless I tap on the word. I've switched over to the Swype keyboard, but that one doesn't have one-handed operation settings (from what I could tell).

It's possible I'm just dumb, but my screen no longer unlocks to the text message screen when I swipe across an incoming message.

The Good:

The camera no longer makes a noise on the silent setting. The quick tab for dual-screen apps is about half the size so it doesn't get in the way as much as it did so I'll probably keep it visible now. So far those are the only things I've noticed, other than a few icon updates and minor visuals on apps like the calculator, etc.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Go to "applications, all" find these two apps, click on them and choose "force stop" then "turn off".

Attachments

• 1387471691621.jpg
    1387471691621.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 35

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

The Bad:
The "snooze" function is very unpredictable now. I have mine set to allow me to snooze 10x. I typically press the power button to snooze. I've found that it either doesn't snooze at all and turns the alarm off completely, or will only snooze a couple times (I tested this today when fully awake and alert just to make sure I wasn't crazy). Very frustrating... I'm lucky I woke up on my own or it would have made me late for work. I might just have to download a new app.

Also, there is now an autocorrect feature built into the Samsung keyboard that will not turn off (even after adjusting settings). This is really pissing me off because I'll type out a word and it'll change it unless I tap on the word. I've switched over to the Swype keyboard, but that one doesn't have one-handed operation settings (from what I could tell).

It's possible I'm just dumb, but my screen no longer unlocks to the text message screen when I swipe across an incoming message.

The Good:

The camera no longer makes a noise on the silent setting. The quick tab for dual-screen apps is about half the size so it doesn't get in the way as much as it did so I'll probably keep it visible now. So far those are the only things I've noticed, other than a few icon updates and minor visuals on apps like the calculator, etc.

For your little buggy issues..did you do a factory reset after the update?

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Go to "applications, all" find these two apps, click on them and choose "force stop" then "turn off".

Hi Kelly, thanks for your help! I did those last night, and this is what it looks like.
1.png
Then I see a public wifi spot, and it just says it is "disabled," whereas it has always connected by itself.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

The Bad:

The Good:

Try Dock Clock for all your alarm needs.

As for your stock keyboard..try Swiftkey. There's a free trial version to get you addicted, it's seriously the best keyboard option out there.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Now mine has ALWAYS connected automatically to a saved wifi I have, I mean forever, even with my S3, if I keep wifi turned on.

I'm not sure why that public one is turned off. Did you tap it and look at the advanced options and see it there was something there?

Also, I'll be looking at some *# codes that I haven't used in a while and see if there are any new options there. Gimme a few mins to do that.

EDITED TO ADD:

Didn't see anything in the codes.

Are you using power saving mode?

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Try Dock Clock for all your alarm needs.

As for your stock keyboard..try Swiftkey. There's a free trial version to get you addicted, it's seriously the best keyboard option out there.

I think the big issue is these things should be working and one shouldn't need different apps because stock apps aren't working correctly.

I never do an update without finishing it off with a reset, most people stop around the cell phone world do the same. It's just seems sometimes updates are buggy, just like an OS update on a PC. The factory reset almost always gets rid of the buggy issues.

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I did my update last night... After the update, I did a factory reset just to clear all the crap I've uploaded/installed. Now my Note 2 is running like NEW!!! Everything is smooth and fast, no lag what's so ever, not like before. And my battery life is clearly making a big difference! No problems here, I feel like I just bought a brand new spanking phone! =)

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I noticed this too at first. Then I noticed that there is a "swoosh arrow" next to the suggested words above the keyboard. Click on that "swoosh arrow" to skip the auto-correct word. I would sometimes type in a different language, and obviously it would auto-correct it into English, but that "swoosh arrow" will skip/keep the actual word you want to type. I hope this helps!

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Now mine has ALWAYS connected automatically to a saved wifi I have, I mean forever, even with my S3, if I keep wifi turned on.

I'm not sure why that public one is turned off. Did you tap it and look at the advanced options and see it there was something there?

Also, I'll be looking at some *# codes that I haven't used in a while and see if there are any new options there. Gimme a few mins to do that.

EDITED TO ADD:

Didn't see anything in the codes.

Are you using power saving mode?

Turned off power saving also last night after perusing Android forums.

How do you set the Wifi spot to be "ALWAYS" connect? I don't have that option, or I would select that.

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving the 4.3 features, especially the new Alarm: Time, Weather, & News feature!

Instead of the typical alarm sound, you can set your alarm and when it goes off, it will tell you what Time it is, what's the Weather in your area, and it will tell you the Top Story in the News. You can also change the News to Sports, Tech, Money, etc... or just leave at Top Stories. Incredible! And it still has the Snooze option in it.

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Turned off power saving also last night after perusing Android forums.

How do you set the Wifi spot to be "ALWAYS" connect? I don't have that option, or I would select that.

I did the ULTIMATE. Hard Factory Reset. No history of any songs, texts, photos or contacts. :'(
Wifi came back.

I think it is the stupid AT&T Smart Wifi and AT&T Ready To Go setup. I bypassed both on the reboot.

Very disappointed, but at least wifi works now.

The_Real_Me_91

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I seem to be noticing is a slight boost in ram usage and a slight bit more heat from the phone. I haven't factory reset but I might. The battery life does seem to drain fast at times then other times not. Can't really tell why it's so spotty.

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I did the ULTIMATE. Hard Factory Reset. No history of any songs, texts, photos or contacts. :'(
Wifi came back.

I think it is the stupid AT&T Smart Wifi and AT&T Ready To Go setup. I bypassed both on the reboot.

Very disappointed, but at least wifi works now.

I never set mine to anything, it just connects when I'm in range, always has. That smart-wifi is irritating, it will shut off wifi at times.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Best thing i noticed is that group messaging works great in the stock messaging app.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma