Everything malfunctions?

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
My mom got a Note 2 about a year ago, mainly because of the nifty S-pen. The S-pen apparently stopped working a couple months in, and basic apps (e.g. gallery) would freeze occasionally, requiring a restart. Just recently, in the past couple months, it seems like everything that can go wrong, has. Important data on the phone mysteriously disappears--she had a bunch of notes saved, and when she opened the app one morning, they were all gone. System preferences cannot be saved--e.g. every time she wants to use a particular calling app, she now has to choose between Skype or the default phone app (before, the button to set app defaults worked just fine). More than half the time she uses the GPS, the navigation app just freezes up--which is dangerous, because she's on the freeway a lot of the time (she now had to revert back to her old dedicated GPS for safety reasons). One of the worst things is that, when she's making phone calls, the phone just randomly dies.

While not exactly tech-savvy, I know my mom isn't so clueless that she'd accidentally delete/mess anything up. I'm hoping her phone is still under warranty--from she she's saying, it seems like her phone was just a dud. Apps crashing all the time, data mysteriously getting erased, etc--that's pretty atypical, right? Have any of you experienced anything like this? If so, did a system reset do the trick, or did you have to get a new/replacement phone? I'm worried that these problems can't be easily replicated (it happens randomly) and I don't know if she'd be eligible for a replacement phone.

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
You will probably have to take it to an at&t service center. They can check to see whats wrong. Go to the local att place first. If she is out of warranty they charge $200 for a replacement phone if she doesnt have insurance.

Posted via Android Central App