Hi, I bought a phone from an AT&T customer, and presently have an AT&T 4.1.2 build. (N7105 phone) But I am using it on TMobile. I want to update to 4.3. TMobile Samsung kies only tries to re-update to 4.1.2 and when I check for an OTA update (says through AT&T servers) it says there aren't any updates. It might be checking TMobile servers instead.

I have been into a Best Buy and the Samsung Rep flashed it with his laptop and all it did was flash to 4.1.2 AGAIN. He said maybe check out a custom ROM. I want Photosphere and Galaxy Gear capability as well as SPen support, etc.

Can I change to go through AT&T servers? (also the Samsung reps said AT&T was having problems with Gear support for Note 2) Any recommendations or thoughts on good custom ROMS?

Thanks!

David
    12-30-2013 01:43 PM
    I recently went thru the same ordeal. I ended up flashing an ATT 4.3 rom (search Youtube), and it has worked great ever since. I haven't bothered to get the ATT splash screen off, but doesn't matter. I pretty much uninstalled most of the ATT apps, so it works great and I have had no issues. I do not recommend installing the new camera though. It did not install correctly on my phone and really messed things up.
    12-30-2013 01:57 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I wonder if the camera would work better on the TMobile build, of it it would even work to flash TMobile on that phone. Any thoughts, anyone? Have you done any testing with the Galaxy Gear watch?

Thanks!
    12-30-2013 02:22 PM
    I do know that whatever rom you use, it must be for the att i317. You can't put the Tmobile rom on a att i317. Quite honestly, I didn't like the new camera setup anyway. Far fewer features then the stock 4.1.2 camera. Oh, but you get the 'sphere' thingy, which really didn't do a think for me. I don't have a Gear watch yet...I will wait until version 2 or 3 comes out and they offer different models....I personally am a G-Shock Pathfinder kind of guy...so I would like it to be a little more 'rugged'. Hope this helps.
    davidrenjenkins likes this.
    12-30-2013 03:13 PM
    Thanks.

Can anyone direct me to the place to find ROMs specific for my phone? Also, is there a way to know if the Galaxy Gear / SPen works with these ROMs? Is there a reliable place to find the stock AT&T ROM? Thanks!
    12-30-2013 03:31 PM
    I'm also looking for a certain capability with the Galaxy Gear watch. I want to be able to use the watch to control my Note II to take pictures (use the watch like a viewfinder and tap to take picture from the phone, while the phone is mounted on a pole.) I'm a magician and need high up pictures of my show. Does anyone know, is there any difference in capabilities in doing this with stock AT&T ROM vs. custom? Maybe with a ROM for the Gear? Thanks!
    12-30-2013 03:40 PM
    You are gonna need a touchwiz based 4.3 or higher rom. Xda-developers.com has all roms and there respective developers. Any all questions should be directed to someone on that site in regards to root and roms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    davidrenjenkins likes this.
    01-07-2014 08:06 PM
    You could borrow an AT&T sim card to do the update if you just want the stock 4.3 AT&T update?
    01-08-2014 08:41 AM