Galaxy Note II Still Worth It? (iPhone 5 or Note II)...

GiftedSoul

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to replace my iPhone 5 with the Note 2; this is mainly due to the battery being a little on the short side as far as day to day longevity is concerned. I've used almost every platform (except WebOS which died before I really got into tech); the Z10 (God awful), Galaxy S3, HTC 8X And 8S, Lumia 920 (amazing battery but ecosystem needed work when I used it), Nexus 4, and a Bold 9930. Getting back on topic, the Galaxy Note 3 really caught my attention until I used the demo unit in my local AT&T; surprise, it pushed screen sizes to my limit. So without making it lengthy, is the Galaxy Note II still worth buying (or in this particular case, I was offered the Note II for my iPhone 5)? I just need a device that can withstand someone as on the go and constantly (and I mean constantly) connected as I am. The S4 was out of the question as some reason, it doesn't appeal to me and I've had a bad experience with the S3 so I'm hesitant about it (and with the SV coming soon, it didn't seem like a upgrade from the S3). So is going from the i5 to the Note 2 via trade worth it? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

achiquitachaser

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
As far as price wise, I think the iphone 5 is worth alittle bit more than the note 2 on craigs you will see note 2s in the 200$ and iphone 5s in the 300-400$. However it really depends on what you like, if you enjoy touchwiz then you would def enjoy the note 2. But seeing you said you had a bad experience with the s3 maybe you should look at other phones, I'm actually trying to think of any android phones with removable batters to swap them out with an extended battery (besides samsung) and I can't think of any at the moment.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got a note2 and this phone is still a beast. Are you looking to buy off contract or subsidized?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

achiquitachaser

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I would say you would be in a better position to sell the iphone 5 and then buy a used note 2, you should come out ahead with cash in your pocket

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
The iphone 5 screen is considerably more clear while the note 2 is considerably larger. Also the camera on the iphone 5 is better than the note 2 but worse than note3 IMHO. I much prefer the note 2 to my old iphone 5. The note3 screen is very similar in size to the note2 with a much sharper screen. As mentioned earlier the note2 is running 4.3 android and is about to get 4.4 KitKat so the operating system will be the same on the GS4, Note 3, note 2 etc. The decision really depends on your preference. I still happily use my note2 but I often wish I had more than 2 gigs of RAM.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke