New Voicemail Notification

no1

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My phone greeted me this morning with a New Voicemail Notification (looks like a VHS tape). I have checked my voicemail, which runs through Google Voice. No new messages are there. I haven't changed any settings. This is not usually the notification I get, as Google Voice has its own notification. It can't be swiped away, and a reboot didn't clear it. Any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My phone greeted me this morning with a New Voicemail Notification (looks like a VHS tape). I have checked my voicemail, which runs through Google Voice. No new messages are there. I haven't changed any settings. This is not usually the notification I get, as Google Voice has its own notification. It can't be swiped away, and a reboot didn't clear it. Any suggestions?

Do you have another voicemail app?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

no1

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
No other voicemail app. Switched from AT&T Voicemail to Google Voice immediately after I got the phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No other voicemail app. Switched from AT&T Voicemail to Google Voice immediately after I got the phone.

But with the Note 2 there should be a stock one from either AT&T or Samsung's. Pull the notification shade down and long press the notification, that will bring up the app info screen. You can possibly disable the app, or at least stop receiving notifications.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

no1

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
That worked. Thanks. It showed the app name as "Phone". I force stopped it. We will see what happens.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
The problem is the app "At&t messages' it cannot be uninstalled. Open the app and touch the voice mail tab at the top. Then delete the voice mail. After that select settings at the bottom of the phone while the art messages app is open and unchecked voice mail notifications.