Why is my phone saying that there is low storage space with 6GB free?

A

AC Question

Phone Won't Update Firmware Due to Low Storage with 6GB free

I am running Android 4.1.2 on the AT&T 16GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and can not update the firmware to the newest version. The phone says that I have insufficient storage available, even though I have over 6.5GB free. Can anyone help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone Won't Update Firmware Due to Low Storage with 6GB free

Welcome to Android Central! How big is the update file? It usually mentions it in the update notification.

Zarkamo

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

I never got an update notification but AT&T's website lists that the update has been available for over 3 months now (I can't link the page but it should be the first google result for "at&t galaxy note 2 update"). The site also lists that the update is only 804MB.

Zarkamo

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

That worked and it's downloading now, thanks! Do you have any reasoning behind why this worked or is it just a known fix to the problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The cache partition is where apk installer files are temporarily stored when you install an app from Google Play or elsewhere. Perhaps the cache partition was too full, and wasn't being emptied by the system. Anyway, glad it worked!

Zarkamo

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

Well it got to downloading and finished that but it would not finish installing. After reboot it says Install interrupted, the software update could not be installed. I had my phone rooted before and unrooted it through the SuperSU app before trying to update it but do you think that it might be causing a problem still?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I don't have rooting experience, so I can't give you a good answer, sorry!

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site

When being prompted for an update and someone rooted actually wanting it, it's always best to unroot the phone, take the update, and try rooting again.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Active using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21