Anyone planning on preordering on Feb 5th?

murphy_31047

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Indeedy, I will be for sure. I love the big screen, stylus, and the capabilities of the phone. I could care less about having the superior processor. I went from the inspire to the atrix and now I need a phone that is big for web surfing, forum reading, emails, and using apps. :) oops forgot Blue

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It will be great for that. I have the international version but live in an lte area so will wait a months or so then probably sell my skyrocket to get the GNote. Not giving up my current one though! Will probably get another carbon blue!

Yeah not looking forward to the flaming regarding processors. I am sure the chip
in the att version will work fine.

tbonepat11

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I might be. I vowed to never buy a product without seeing some real world reviews ever again because of my experience buying a Palm Pre on day 1. After returning it 6 times to find one that didn't "oreo"....I made the vow.

This is a different case obviously because the international version has been out a while and gets glowing reviews. Either way, who knows what at&t did to it so I might wait a few days.....if I can!

I would like to see a side by side review with the international version to see any differences.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Agree about the reviews. There will probably not be comparions videos before the 5th but there will be reviews before the 19th launch. Even if you preorder you still have 30 days from delivery if you go through att. I am paying full price so will wait a month or so to make sure there are no issues.

kembry

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning to get it at Best Buy when it comes there. I'm also wondering how long it will take to go down to $200 (which will be inevitable). I'm excited about it. A nice upgrade from my Infuse. Definitely Blue/Black.

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
If so which color?

I remember us having this same conversation not long ago, when the SR came out Plano! But yep....I can't resist. I am doing the preorder.
White looks great, but I'll probably go with Blue. Still haven't figured out if I am going to just add a line and keep my SR or pay the "preferred" full price, which is $620 and eventually sell my SR to recoup some of that. Either way I'm in!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy II SR via Tapatalk

Carlesious

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I was gonna preorder, but then I would got something from bestbuy saying they'd give me a $50 giftcard for buying a new cellphone there. So I'll wait the two extra days to save $50.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
i sure as hell going to get that baby in white... Im due for an upgrade as of today so its nice to pay 299 and not outright... quick question though: if i preorder Feb 5 will my credit card be charged that day or when they ship it out... This is my first time pre ordering... Thanks in advance...

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
i sure as hell going to get that baby in white... Im due for an upgrade as of today so its nice to pay 299 and not outright... quick question though: if i preorder Feb 5 will my credit card be charged that day or when they ship it out... This is my first time pre ordering... Thanks in advance...

It has been a long time since I pre ordered a phone. I believe they put a hold on your credit card but do not charge it until the phone ships. I am not positive though...

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna wait to see if I like the size first. Also have a bunch of Best Buy gift cards from Xmas to use, so may pick one up.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I will be receiving one on launch date. White one. I look forward to testing it out and using it! It can come quick enough!

Sent from my HTC PH39100

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
It will be great for that. I have the international version but live in an lte area so will wait a months or so then probably sell my skyrocket to get the GNote. Not giving up my current one though! Will probably get another carbon blue!

Yeah not looking forward to the flaming regarding processors. I am sure the chip
in the att version will work fine.

Is it possible to use the International Version on a dumbphone data plan?

If so I would buy the unlocked one regardless of LTE.

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to use the International Version on a dumbphone data plan?

If so I would buy the unlocked one regardless of LTE.
I don't think it will work from what I remember of others trying it. Something about a smartphone imei not matching up to the dumbphone Sim. So then the data doesn't work without a new Sim.
Then you have to go in and get a Sim and they start giving you the smartphone data plan options:)

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SR via Tapatalk

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I might be. I vowed to never buy a product without seeing some real world reviews ever again because of my experience buying a Palm Pre on day 1. After returning it 6 times to find one that didn't "oreo"....I made the vow.

This is a different case obviously because the international version has been out a while and gets glowing reviews. Either way, who knows what at&t did to it so I might wait a few days.....if I can!

I would like to see a side by side review with the international version to see any differences.
I agree with waiting on 1st gen "clean sheet of paper" models like a Palm Pre. But the strength of the Galaxy phones has been building on proven component sets from the other Galaxy models and then testing them in small markets first, ala the international GNote. The US Note has the same basic innerds as the Skyrocket and my Day 1 release SR has been flawless. So I really have no worries about this one. And we still have the 30 days if something strange came up.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it will work from what I remember of others trying it. Something about a smartphone imei not matching up to the dumbphone Sim. So then the data doesn't work without a new Sim.
Then you have to go in and get a Sim and they start giving you the smartphone data plan options:)

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SR via Tapatalk

Maybe I will change the plan on my already "smartphone" sim via Cust Care and claim water damage to my smartphone. Then just give a nokia IMEI.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree with waiting on 1st gen "clean sheet of paper" models like a Palm Pre. But the strength of the Galaxy phones has been building on proven component sets from the other Galaxy models and then testing them in small markets first, ala the international GNote. The US Note has the same basic innerds as the Skyrocket and my Day 1 release SR has been flawless. So I really have no worries about this one. And we still have the 30 days if something strange came up.

You mean except for the Bluetooth...or does yours work flawlessly?

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
You mean except for the Bluetooth...or does yours work flawlessly?
No my SR Bluetooth isn't flawless, but it isn't terrible either. Sometimes it needs a restart or some manual intervention to connect. But it really depends on the device its connecting to. Does your G-note have better BT?

Last edited:

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
So does anyone think the preorder actually opens "tonight" at 12:01am?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm