02-12-2012 06:31 PM
48 12
tools
    If so which color?
    02-01-2012 07:51 AM
    Indeedy, I will be for sure. I love the big screen, stylus, and the capabilities of the phone. I could care less about having the superior processor. I went from the inspire to the atrix and now I need a phone that is big for web surfing, forum reading, emails, and using apps. oops forgot Blue
    02-01-2012 08:07 AM
    It will be great for that. I have the international version but live in an lte area so will wait a months or so then probably sell my skyrocket to get the GNote. Not giving up my current one though! Will probably get another carbon blue!

Yeah not looking forward to the flaming regarding processors. I am sure the chip
    in the att version will work fine.
    02-01-2012 09:18 AM
    I might be. I vowed to never buy a product without seeing some real world reviews ever again because of my experience buying a Palm Pre on day 1. After returning it 6 times to find one that didn't "oreo"....I made the vow.

This is a different case obviously because the international version has been out a while and gets glowing reviews. Either way, who knows what at&t did to it so I might wait a few days.....if I can!

I would like to see a side by side review with the international version to see any differences.
    02-01-2012 09:19 AM
    Agree about the reviews. There will probably not be comparions videos before the 5th but there will be reviews before the 19th launch. Even if you preorder you still have 30 days from delivery if you go through att. I am paying full price so will wait a month or so to make sure there are no issues.
    02-01-2012 09:45 AM
    I'm planning to get it at Best Buy when it comes there. I'm also wondering how long it will take to go down to $200 (which will be inevitable). I'm excited about it. A nice upgrade from my Infuse. Definitely Blue/Black.
    02-01-2012 09:47 AM
    If so which color?
    I remember us having this same conversation not long ago, when the SR came out Plano! But yep....I can't resist. I am doing the preorder.
    White looks great, but I'll probably go with Blue. Still haven't figured out if I am going to just add a line and keep my SR or pay the "preferred" full price, which is $620 and eventually sell my SR to recoup some of that. Either way I'm in!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy II SR via Tapatalk
    02-01-2012 09:50 AM
    I was gonna preorder, but then I would got something from bestbuy saying they'd give me a $50 giftcard for buying a new cellphone there. So I'll wait the two extra days to save $50.
    02-01-2012 08:00 PM
    i sure as hell going to get that baby in white... Im due for an upgrade as of today so its nice to pay 299 and not outright... quick question though: if i preorder Feb 5 will my credit card be charged that day or when they ship it out... This is my first time pre ordering... Thanks in advance...
    02-01-2012 08:11 PM
    i sure as hell going to get that baby in white... Im due for an upgrade as of today so its nice to pay 299 and not outright... quick question though: if i preorder Feb 5 will my credit card be charged that day or when they ship it out... This is my first time pre ordering... Thanks in advance...
    It has been a long time since I pre ordered a phone. I believe they put a hold on your credit card but do not charge it until the phone ships. I am not positive though...
    02-01-2012 10:01 PM
    I'm gonna wait to see if I like the size first. Also have a bunch of Best Buy gift cards from Xmas to use, so may pick one up.
    02-02-2012 01:37 AM
    I will be receiving one on launch date. White one. I look forward to testing it out and using it! It can come quick enough!

Sent from my HTC PH39100
    02-02-2012 02:44 AM
    It will be great for that. I have the international version but live in an lte area so will wait a months or so then probably sell my skyrocket to get the GNote. Not giving up my current one though! Will probably get another carbon blue!

Yeah not looking forward to the flaming regarding processors. I am sure the chip
    in the att version will work fine.
    Is it possible to use the International Version on a dumbphone data plan?

If so I would buy the unlocked one regardless of LTE.
    02-02-2012 10:38 AM
    Is it possible to use the International Version on a dumbphone data plan?

If so I would buy the unlocked one regardless of LTE.
    I don't think it will work from what I remember of others trying it. Something about a smartphone imei not matching up to the dumbphone Sim. So then the data doesn't work without a new Sim.
    Then you have to go in and get a Sim and they start giving you the smartphone data plan options

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SR via Tapatalk
    02-02-2012 10:58 AM
    I might be. I vowed to never buy a product without seeing some real world reviews ever again because of my experience buying a Palm Pre on day 1. After returning it 6 times to find one that didn't "oreo"....I made the vow.

This is a different case obviously because the international version has been out a while and gets glowing reviews. Either way, who knows what at&t did to it so I might wait a few days.....if I can!

I would like to see a side by side review with the international version to see any differences.
    I agree with waiting on 1st gen "clean sheet of paper" models like a Palm Pre. But the strength of the Galaxy phones has been building on proven component sets from the other Galaxy models and then testing them in small markets first, ala the international GNote. The US Note has the same basic innerds as the Skyrocket and my Day 1 release SR has been flawless. So I really have no worries about this one. And we still have the 30 days if something strange came up.

02-02-2012 11:12 AM
    I don't think it will work from what I remember of others trying it. Something about a smartphone imei not matching up to the dumbphone Sim. So then the data doesn't work without a new Sim.
    Then you have to go in and get a Sim and they start giving you the smartphone data plan options

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SR via Tapatalk
    Maybe I will change the plan on my already "smartphone" sim via Cust Care and claim water damage to my smartphone. Then just give a nokia IMEI.
    02-02-2012 11:13 AM
    I agree with waiting on 1st gen "clean sheet of paper" models like a Palm Pre. But the strength of the Galaxy phones has been building on proven component sets from the other Galaxy models and then testing them in small markets first, ala the international GNote. The US Note has the same basic innerds as the Skyrocket and my Day 1 release SR has been flawless. So I really have no worries about this one. And we still have the 30 days if something strange came up.

You mean except for the Bluetooth...or does yours work flawlessly?
    02-04-2012 11:38 AM
    You mean except for the Bluetooth...or does yours work flawlessly?
    No my SR Bluetooth isn't flawless, but it isn't terrible either. Sometimes it needs a restart or some manual intervention to connect. But it really depends on the device its connecting to. Does your G-note have better BT?

02-04-2012 05:05 PM
    So does anyone think the preorder actually opens "tonight" at 12:01am?

02-04-2012 07:23 PM
    anyone ordering right at 12:01am or waiting a lil later in the day??
    02-04-2012 09:47 PM
    anyone ordering right at 12:01am or waiting a lil later in the day??
    It's up early! , I'm ordering!

02-04-2012 10:24 PM
    All done. Note is preordered!
    Here is the fine print and receipt.

Dear xxxx, Thank you for placing your order with AT&T.Your order is scheduled to be shipped on Feb/16/2012. Orders received after 3 p.m. CST will be processed the next business day. All orders are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. You will receive a confirmation email when your order is ready to ship.Your shipment may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes. Items in your cart will be held until all items in your order can be sent in one shipment. Next day or Saturday delivery not available in all areas. Delivery not available on Sunday.Please note, your credit card will be charged at time of shipment. If using either a credit or debit card, funds in the amount of this purchase will be immediately held and not available for other use. Credit and debit card transactions will not appear in your account until time of shipment.We appreciate your business and take pride in providing you with the fastest mobile broadband network in America and the best coverage worldwide.
    Here is a copy of your order summary:
    Order Number: xxxxxx
    Not Eligible for Mail-In RebateTypeDescriptionMonthly PriceOne Time PricePACKAGE
    Samsung Galaxy Note (TM) $299.99Device
    Samsung Galaxy Note (TM) - Carbon Blue

Accessories
    Moshi Black Anti-Glare/Anti
    Fingerprint Screen Protector - Samsung Galaxy Note $25.00

Estimated Sales Tax $26.00*Order Total $350.99* Order total includes estimated sales tax based on the ZIP code you provided to us. Actual sales tax may vary and is based on your shipping ZIP code.Postpaid orders will be processed and shipped subject to credit approval, inventory availability, and validation of a proper shipping address and other information. Orders received after 3 p.m. CST will be processed the next business day. Inventory, credit, or other issues may delay shipment. No holiday, Saturday, or Sunday delivery. Shipping policy is subject to change. Please note: It may take up to 24 hours to process your order if there are any issues with the credit approval process and/or the shipping address validation process. This 24 hours is not included in the delivery time and should be taken into account in your order placement timing. Delivery signatures may be required. Priority Shipments to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands may take 3 business days. Actual delivery date may also be effected by government processing.As soon as your device ships, we will send an email confirmation including a tracking number for your convenience. You can track your order online by entering your order number at https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/order_status. (Status may not be available if your order was placed within the past 24 hours.)Mobile Insurance Please visit www.att.com/MobileInsurance to determine the eligibility of your device and coverage details for the Mobile Insurance program. PLEASE NOTE: Enrollment for Mobile Insurance can only occur within the first 30 days from your new service activation date, upgrade to eligible equipment, or device purchase without a contract from AT&T or an authorized AT&T dealer. Mobile Insurance is not available for and does not apply to: Apple® iPhone®, Apple® iPad™, BlackBerry Playbook, phones on GoPhone® accounts, AT&T 3G MicroCell or phone, device models not sold by AT&T (e.g., Dell Streak, Google Nexus One, TerreStar Genus), or docks (such as for the MOTOROLA ATRIX™ 4G).If you determine that your new deviceis eligible for insurance, and you want to enroll in the Mobile Insurance feature, upon receipt of your equipment, please call Customer Service at 1-800- 331-0500 or visit a retail store to enroll.Remember to log in to My Account and enjoy 24-hour access to your account. Go to http://www.att.com/myWireless to • Pay your bill • Add services • Set up automatic payments • Check your minutes Thank you, AT&TP.S. Don't forget to pick up accessories for your wireless device(s). Shop online at www.att.com/wirelessaccessories. You have received this service message because you are a valued AT&T customer. Replies to this email are not received by a live person. You can read our Privacy Policy for more information about how we use information.You can track your order online by entering your order number at www.att.com/wirelessorderstatus. (The status may not be available if your order was placed within the past 24 hours.)
    02-04-2012 11:55 PM
    did they charge your card now?? Or when they ship it??
    02-05-2012 12:01 AM
    It looks like they authorized my card for full amount. The checkout process tells you they will actually charge your card when it ships.

For those adding a line to a family.plan. Maybe they will fix it, but the system only allowed new family and imdividual plans. I talked to Live Chat and she said to pick any individual plan and cheapest options for now. Then modify and merge it to your family plan when you call to activate.

02-05-2012 05:18 AM
    Forgot about Sales Tax . . . that's beat.

When you pre-ordered, did it allow you to keep your current data plan? When I looked at the pre-order page it looked like they had all new plans, and I couldn't keep my current unlimited plan.

EDIT: Ok, after checking my upgrade eligibility it allowed me to add the phone as an upgrade, and I had the option to keep my unlimited data plan (I also have a coporate discount account so what I see will probably be different then most, but you will probably still have the option)

If you try to order the device straight from the page it will try to add it as a new account and not an upgrade so you are better off logging in first and doing the eligibility. If you don't it will try to give you a new number or transfer your old number.

Also when I was looking at it first as a new line there is a $36 activation fee charged to your first bill. When doing it with the upgrade eligibility method it says it will be $18
    02-05-2012 06:52 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD