Thanks to those who posted about the Best Buy $50 gift card and free case. Can I get best Buy to waive the $18 upgrade fee as well?
    The ATnT store said they will buy my iPhone 3GS 32 GB for $115.
    Does that sound reasonable? Will they still do it if I get my Note at Best Buy?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I know I want the note just want the best deal.
    02-06-2012 04:34 AM
    I've had AT&T waive the "upgrade" fee before after upgrading through Best Buy. I told the rep I wasn't aware of the $18 charge, that it wasn't stated in the Best Buy exchange, and they took it off.
    I'm sure it'll only work once, but if you're that concerned over the fee its worth a shot.
    02-06-2012 10:40 AM
    That sale price isn't bad. You'd probably get a little more on ebay, but not much after fees and shipping. Current average for used iPhone 3GS 32gb is $190.
    02-07-2012 12:35 AM
    You will not get AT&T to waive the Upgrade fee if you are told about it during the upgrade process. If at any time the person doing the upgrade mentions that there is an upgrade fee and makes sure to highlight it on your copy of the contract, there is nothing AT&T will do. The Rep did their job as they should and you will have to pay the fee.

You can try to call them and argue you were not told, but if the rep can prove that they did tell you, you will be charged. I make sure to highlight the upgrade fee and have the person initial it on all copies of the contract to verify that they know they are going to be hit with an additional $18 fee.
    02-07-2012 10:54 AM
    I called ATnT and told them I was shopping other wireless carriers and since I completed my contract and I have uverse internet at home I didn't think I should have to pay the upgrade fee. The rep was nice and said he would put notes in the system and I could call back when it appeared on my bill. I asked can't you just waive it so I don't have to call back. He placed an instant $18.00 credit on my account and emailed me confirmation.

Kudos to ATnT for doing the right thing!

I'll be going to best buy tomorrow to preorder with the $50 credit and the free flip case. Same contract terms and no upgrade fee. I'm happy.
    02-07-2012 08:05 PM
    I also went to Best Buy. They promised my unlimited data would stay in tact, and told me about the $50.00 gift card discount. They never mentioned an upgrade fee at any time and we confirmed price, discount, down payment, and everything is cool.
    I wonder if ATT is going to put a fee on my bill though, after reading some of these comments. They are such crooks. They should be glad to get the continued business.
    02-08-2012 01:26 PM
    I also went to Best Buy. They promised my unlimited data would stay in tact, and told me about the $50.00 gift card discount. They never mentioned an upgrade fee at any time and we confirmed price, discount, down payment, and everything is cool.
    I wonder if ATT is going to put a fee on my bill though, after reading some of these comments. They are such crooks. They should be glad to get the continued business.
    Yes, that is why they gave me the $18 credit to offset the charge on my bill.
    02-08-2012 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD