Today is the day

rchap

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I hope you get it! I'lll harrass my best buy if you do :). I've resigned to probably not getting it till later this week, but if it comes out today then thats just gravy.

kembry

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered my Note from Best Buy on February 5 from Best Buy. Today, the day it is supposed to be available everywhere...and it's still "In Process." I called BB and it's backordered.

It's easy to be upset at this. On the other hand...this probably means the Note is a VERY popular handset. That's interesting, considering this is a "niche" product that has been called "too big" by many pundits. It also means that accessory makers are might be more likely to make stuff for the Note. Plus, more app programmers might make more programs that utilize the screen resolution and the stylus.

I'm pretty ticked not to have the Note...but it probably means good things.

Last edited:

N4OSX

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I picked mine up today from my local Best Buy. I preordered just a couple of days ago, and as of this morning only 2 of the 20 units they got in were spoken for. They were going fast, though - folks were all over the demo units... no surprise there.

Carlesious

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I picked it up today, so far I'm loving it. Went to the mall to see if they had Ghost Armour for the screen, but that was a no-go.

ctc799

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
My Best Buy had tons of them when I went a few hours ago, the guy said they anticipated a lot more people.

I chickened out on buying it, though. :p

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I called my usual ATT store today about 30 minutes after they opened and no one had even asked about the GNote. I went by an hour after opening and picked one up. I was the only one to ask about it...I picked it up no commitment and will try it for 30 to see how it compares to my International version.

A slow launch today in Plano it seems. Glad I did not try to go through the borked up pre-order system.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I used the Note for about 5 days, and can honestly say that I don't miss it now that I gave it back. It's big, and the screen size was very welcoming for watching videos, especially when trying to show friends a YouTube video or something. The thing that turned me off was the heft. It's not a very light device, and coupled with the size, it made using it for extended periods of time very cumbersome. Let's face it, the 8" Pantech Element tablet fit in my pocket, but that doesn't mean it was comfortable. It's the same ting with the Note. It slides in, but on some of my dress pants, the corner was still sticking out. I wound up keeping it in my dress shirt front pocket most of the time.

Using the Note made my Skyrocket feel smaller and super light. It was sort of like swinging a baseball bat with a donut weight on it for warmup. It made me appreciate my Skyrocket a lot more, and I even swapped the Note for another Skyrocket. That's right, I'm carrying two white GSIISRs, and I'm not even mad.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine through best buy online for store pickup this morning. Within an hour it was ready for me. I went and got it and have been messing with it for a little bit. I love it. The screen is amazing and i love the size. No more squinting or having to zoom in to see words on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty