Anyone recieved Samsung Note that was pre-ordered through AT&T?

ShirlAnn929

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
My Note was pre-ordered on February 7th, with an email following stating it would be delivered on the 17th. Yesterday I got email it was shipped, with tracking info. Shipped from Memphis, TN at 2:55pm via USPS. According to Postal Service this afternoon, it is enroute "somewhere" and I will probably get it on Tuesday, since Monday is a holiday. Did anyone else with USPS shipping receive their phone on today's promised delivery date?

maddog2727

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone recieved Samsung Note that was pre-ordered through AT&

I got mine with FedEx. Got it today when I got in the office. Still loading everything onto it now.

ShirlAnn929

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't understand why they chose to send some FedEx, and others by USPS :( (which we all know delivers when they want).....I guess only the ones being delivered by FedEx will get theirs today....Happy for those who got theirs today.....

lucidlyseen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

Man I would be pissed if they sent through USPS with Monday being a holiday and all - you could just walk into any store and purchase it two days sooner without any pre order. That's why I don't mess with pre orders, I'm just walking into an AT&T store on Sunday to see it for myself.

terminalnonchalance

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

well I got mine.... F*ckers broke the back cover though putting the sim card in. Half of the tabs on the back cover are broken off.

other than that it is freaking awesome.

Professor777

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

you should have them give you one of those slip covers that replaces the back cover and adds a flap to cover the screen until you get a replacement back cover.

terminalnonchalance

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

you should have them give you one of those slip covers that replaces the back cover and adds a flap to cover the screen until you get a replacement back cover.

Yes, that woud be nice.... I just got off the phone with customer care and, well, typicall AT&T. they offered to charge me full price for another "refurbished" phone and let me send this one back. Not really happy with that answer... So I will go down to my local shop monday to discuss getting a new back cover.

Typical... We have 23 lines on this account that I manage and you would think that they could be slightly helpful.

lcavada

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site

Got mine via UPS (Big Brown).

Ordered white on 2/11. Shipped yesterday. Since UPS delivery here in Miami S**KS, i had them hold it. Erlier today went to pick it up.

BullArcher

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

I am so pissed they shipped mine via USPS. I will be surprised if I get it on Tuesday. AT&T sure does a crappy job of taking care of their long term customers who pre-ordered this phone. Very bad decision pre-ordering and trusting AT&T

JRod1990

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

I ordered it on the 5th, shipped it USPS and they told me they did not get it in the shipment today. Then they went on to tell me come in tomorrow and if its not in then you can come in Sunday buy another one and then they would eventually take off the charge for the one I pre-ordered... It's great when you ask about the phone you just ordered from the store and the associates have to ask around to the employees about what the device is

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
i got mine this morning. It is everything I hoped. Screen is breathtaking! There are enough Note pics around I think.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note™, an AT&T LTE smartphone

hagemcw22

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

Same story here. Got a USPS tracking number last night and it did not arrive today. Shipped from Memphis I am in Illinois. I am not happy since they encouraged us to pre-order for delivery today :(

RRackman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

My Note was pre-ordered on February 7th, with an email following stating it would be delivered on the 17th. Yesterday I got email it was shipped, with tracking info. Shipped from Memphis, TN at 2:55pm via USPS. According to Postal Service this afternoon, it is enroute "somewhere" and I will probably get it on Tuesday, since Monday is a holiday. Did anyone else with USPS shipping receive their phone on today's promised delivery date?

I spent over an hour and a half in the AT&T corporate store to preorder my phone on the start date, Oh, and by the way, if you order in store they can only order you Ceramic White, no Carbon Blue (like I really wanted). So I want the Note on the 17th as I will be pulling a 15 hour day on the 19th (the open sales day) and will have some good time to play and fiddle around with my awesome new phone.

Yesterday afternoon (the 16th) I go the email saying my phone had shipped, and it gave me a "tracking" number. Well what do you know, the "tracking"
number is a USPS (YES, United States Postal Service ie: regular mail), delivery confirmation number. For those of you who do not understand, this number is only good for two things: 1) to see where the package was received for shipment and that it left, and 2) to know when it was actually delivered. NO in transit updates, no information on when it *might* be delivered, nothing else!

Oh, and because I have problems with UPS and Fedex leaving packages away from my house I had the phone sent to the AT&T store. nach, it will be received and I will pick it up and have them make sure it is up and working on Friday (today).

As you may be guessing, the phone did not arrive (I could have ordered from Best Buy and got a $50.00 dollar gift card and got it on Sunday (if I wasn't
working) or Monday. NOW, because it is not here today on the PROMISED day, the day I expected it, the day it should have been, I am screwed (don't any moderator edit that!!!) , I can't get this phone now until 1) it finally shows up (ever wait for snail mail ??) or 2) it has been 3 days since the expected delivery date, and Monday is a holiday, and they count business days, soooo, Wednesday or Thursday I might get the phone I ordered or the store can declare it lost and give me a replacement, if you know the timeline for the release of this phone you know my PREORDER for two days BEFORE the general release has now gone to 3 or 4 days AFTER the rest of the country can get one.

Really ? I mean it, really, Why do I preorder, you got my money as you charged my card when it shipped (and I can't get that money back and go to Best Buy until the magical 3 days past expected delivery date) and now I am without any options until next week, you have me by the short hairs and I have no recourse. This is the fourth upgrade on my account so all my phones are current, you know I can't pay $1000.00 to terminate my contract and move on to someone who cares more about my business (I know I have only been a customer for 15 or 18 years so I don't really count for much). First phone I have ever preordered and GUARANTEED, it is the last!

I could have gotten my phone on Sunday at Best Buy and just extended my time away from home (after work), or gone in on Monday to Best Buy and upgraded pleasantly (like the last time I did my phone). But I thought (incorrectly) that the corporate store where I did the other 3 upgrades would treat me nice. Ha.

Oh, and since when do you send a $750.00 phone via USPS when it might end up in a publicly accessible mailbox ? Oh, that is right, the delivery confirmation from the postal person would me I *must* have got it and you wouldn't be responsible for the lost item. Good thinking chump.

Can you tell I am getting more frustrated and angry as I tell of my wasted time, I didn't even mention the hour I spent in the store tonight while I watch the salesperson and store manager look at the same information I looked at 2 seconds before I walked in the store and tell me over and over what I already knew walking through the door. Give these people some access and someone's home number.

You can bet your lack of protocol that I will be looking hard when my commitments are up at your competitors, oh, and we will see how this turns out and how social I feel in sharing my story on other forums (XDA, Facebook, etc).

Hope the store manager is savvy enough to appease a dissatisfied customer appropriately.

Bottom line: NO! I did not get my Samsung Galaxy Note today as promised by AT&T

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I've never did a pre-order, not even when I was on Sprint and the EVO was "sold out" for months (boyfriend wanted one). I guess my location is one of the better ones cause there are so many mobile carrier store locations for all four of the major phone companies that if one store has it, it's bound to be somewhere within a 15 mile radius. When I got him the EVO a month later, I dealt with 4 different Sprint stores telling me that it was sold out. BUT there was one store that said they had one after I made it clear that was intending on purchasing it.

While it is satisfying (at the moment) to pre-order because you are in the mindset that you are getting your phone before everyone else, owning something a couple of days before the rest of the world isn't that big of a deal for me especially when things could go wrong

VICTOR_INOX

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

What are chanses that it will be available in att stores tomorrow? I want one baaad.

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I think if you get there when the store opens, you can probably get one. There are alot of people interested, but only the hard-core buyers will be looking to buy first thing on Sunday.

Sent from Tapatalk Pro on my Samsung Galaxy Note™, an AT&T LTE smartphone

VICTOR_INOX

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

i think if you get there when the store opens, you can probably get one. There are alot of people interested, but only the hard-core buyers will be looking to buy first thing on sunday.

Sent from tapatalk pro on my samsung galaxy note?, an at&t lte smartphone

my local store opens @11am ill report back if i could get one.

JRod1990

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

I got off the phone with the reps earlier today and they said that since it hasnt come in yet (USPS) it will come in Tuesday because of presidents day monday. So i preordered to be able to get it two dys after everyone else? sweet....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC