Love my note

skispeakeasy

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
The note is the first candybar style phone I have ever felt comfortable with. I no longer feel cramped when typing. The wacom pen is what sold me. Now instead of scanning and marking documents i can just take a picture and mark it. I love it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

MannyB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I decided to go get the Galaxy Note around noon today. I've been playing with it and setting things up most of the afternoon. I like it quite a bit so far. The only thing that's kind of disappointing is that it has no notification light. For some reason, I didn't think to look for that feature. I'm used to being able to look at my phone without pressing a button to check if I missed a text or phone call while in another room or after stepping out for a few minutes without the phone. I guess I'll have to make a *really big effort* and press a button to check for notifications now.

Reaper69

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I got my mine that Friday, before the Main Event.
Coming from a 2G all the way to a iPhone 4... the answer to that is NO WAY, Sir!!!! Landscape feel like you'er in a landscape. hard to believe? Try one!

I feel like I'm free... It took a phone like this, for me to come to the dark side! lol

DoubleNick

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I decided to go get the Galaxy Note around noon today. I've been playing with it and setting things up most of the afternoon. I like it quite a bit so far. The only thing that's kind of disappointing is that it has no notification light. For some reason, I didn't think to look for that feature. I'm used to being able to look at my phone without pressing a button to check if I missed a text or phone call while in another room or after stepping out for a few minutes without the phone. I guess I'll have to make a *really big effort* and press a button to check for notifications now.

Download NoLed app. It will solve the problem--and, it is free.

Reactions: MannyB

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Put me in the LOVE column. I came from the Skyrocket so this phone is very familiar to me - with the very happy exception that they seem to have fixed blue tooth on the Note. Vlingo did not work with my SR and Blue Ant S4 but it works like a charm on the Note! The "next big thing" is truly wonderful.

skispeakeasy

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'll have to make a *really big effort* and press a button to check for notifications now.

Personally I never liked the LED on my Blackberry. I always go so many emails that it was pretty much flashing 24/7. The only time I fond it useful is when I missed a call. Luckily there are apps for this that give a vibration alert constantly until you get the missed call.

ALexSoFLy

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I too came from a skyrocket, b4 that a GS II, b4 that an iphone 4 and i can honestly say this is the best phone I've owned and loved. I don't think i can ever go back to a smaller screen :X

On another NOTE, Samsung goes 5.3"

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I thought about that myself yesterday, while enjoying this massive, amazingly clear screen. I realize that I'm now completely spoiled... :D

You know that's the thing about this phone. It only takes a few moments to get used to its large screen that it's hard to imagine using a phone with a smaller screen size.

I think alot of people who have had reservations about the phone because of its stated size have not really used it as their main device. It's been my experience at work and at home that people are amazed by the clarity and brilliance of the screen, and those who are not already anti-Samsung are quite jealous.

I had a colleague tell me yesterday after a meeting where he saw me taking notes on the phone, that he wishes he had one. He also really liked the OEM screen cover that I have on mine.

MannyB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Personally I never liked the LED on my Blackberry. I always go so many emails that it was pretty much flashing 24/7. The only time I fond it useful is when I missed a call. Luckily there are apps for this that give a vibration alert constantly until you get the missed call.

I never had a blackberry, but I only set the blinking notifications for texts and missed calls or voice mails on my previous android. I am doing the same with the NoLED app that someone suggested above. Getting notifications for every email, fb message whatever other application wants my attention would be useless for me too.

p06781

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one that thinks this thread is full of AT&T and/or Samsung employee's propping up the Note?

No offense, but none of you have over 100 posts and most have less than 20 posts..

If you are all actual non-AT&T/Samsung employee's, great! I've had the Dell Streak 5 which is a 5" Android phone so I know about the big devices, and I could never use it as a phone.. just my opinion.

Why would I ever post here if I was a iPhone user prior?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried tapatalk yet but did find where to change the signature when I was checking out the menu options for the email. I opened the email from the icon along the bottom row. then hit the Menu key and More, Account Settings, then you'll see the Signature option in the list. Enjoy your phone!

Professor777

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I love this galaxy note.
I've been waiting six months for this device. I was going to get the galaxy S2, then almost fell for the nexus hype, but when the Note came out, I knew it would be the best cell phone on the planet. My waiting has paid off.
I hate my iPhone with its caveman OS, and I'm so glad to get rid of it. To assume that posters here work for Samsung, or AT&T is a sure sign of stupidity. This is a new device, and it is scarfing up iPhone users like crazy.
Some people are concerned about the size. The size is perfect. This phone is going to catch on like wildfire. I would steal my wife's Droid Razr to learn android and its programs. It has a wonderful display, but after using the note, I just can't settle for anything less anymore. GPS is wonderful, so are You Tubes, movies, and games. You can actually see something in your browser, and all apps are easier to read, especially e-mail.

The CPU and graphics chip are very fast, and even loaded with a pile of programs, the 1 Gig holds up no sweat. The battery has been lasting all day with pretty heavy use, but I also got Juice Defender Ultimate and a New Trent external battery for virtually unlimited power.

The display is simply stunning. One of the first things you'll do is grab some live wallpapers to help you show off the Note to your friends. The calendar is better than on any phone from any manufacturer. I don't really even care about the S pen that much, but I've been using it, and it works really well. You can write on wallpapers, pictures, and maps and send them to people via e-mail. They love it.

Everyone I showed this device to wants one and I almost feel guilty for making them jealous. I thank God for my Galaxy Note. It's the greatest. I'm never going back to anything smaller.

Last edited:

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I love this galaxy note.
I've been waiting six months for this device. I was going to get the galaxy S2, then almost fell for the nexus hype, but when the Note came out, I knew it would be the best cell phone on the planet. My waiting has paid off.
I hate my iPhone with its caveman OS, and I'm so glad to get rid of it. To assume that posters here work for Samsung, or AT&T is a sure sign of stupidity. This is a new device, and it is scarfing up iPhone users like crazy.
Some people are concerned about the size. The size is perfect. This phone is going to catch on like wildfire. I would steal my wife's Droid Razr to learn android and its programs. It has a wonderful display, but after using the note, I just can't settle for anything less anymore. GPS is wonderful, so are You Tubes, movies, and games. You can actually see something in your browser, and all apps are easier to read, especially e-mail.

The CPU and graphics chip are very fast, and even loaded with a pile of programs, the 1 Gig holds up no sweat. The battery has been lasting all day with pretty heavy use, but I also got Juice Defender Ultimate and a New Trent external battery for virtually unlimited power.

The display is simply stunning. One of the first things you'll do is grab some live wallpapers to help you show off the Note to your friends. The calendar is better than on any phone from any manufacturer. I don't really even care about the S pen that much, but I've been using it, and it works really well. You can write on wallpapers, pictures, and maps and send them to people via e-mail. They love it.

Everyone I showed this device to wants one and I almost feel guilty for making them jealous. I thank God for my Galaxy Note. It's the greatest. I'm never going back to anything smaller.

Excuse me? If you think I'm stupid that's one thing, but to call me that on an open forum is plain ignorant, and I take offense to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech