02-28-2012 05:33 PM
39 12
tools
    Got my note a few days ago. Had iphone 3gs and learning how to use android now. So far apps match app for app. I love the size! working thru setting things up! screen is awesome!

Work in health care and use epic via citrix. need to get this running? will check with our it dept.

Also having problems with my iphone friends texting via the imessage on wifi via ios and still goes my old inactive iphone. Any ideas? i set up the att wifi message app?

Also how do you change this stupid Sig below?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
    02-20-2012 02:38 PM
    For the signature go to the main screen in the tapatalk app. The one that says browse, search, etc . Press the menu button and then settings. The signature option should be around the middle of the settings menu.

Enjoy your Note!! I have the unlocked version and it's freaking awesome!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    02-20-2012 07:03 PM
    Got my note a few days ago. Had iphone 3gs and learning how to use android now. So far apps match app for app. I love the size! working thru setting things up! screen is awesome!

Work in health care and use epic via citrix. need to get this running? will check with our it dept.

Also having problems with my iphone friends texting via the imessage on wifi via ios and still goes my old inactive iphone. Any ideas? i set up the att wifi message app?

To fix iMessage problem: on your iphone, go into Settings --> Messages --> Then switch OFF iMessage.
    02-20-2012 07:22 PM

On your iOS5 device, go to settings and turn off imessage.
    02-20-2012 07:26 PM

Go to the Market Place, download the Citrix Receiver, not the beta one. Once it installs your done. Just go to your remote access website and login (on your Note). Once you get the list of your citrix applications, just click on them and it should launch through the Citrix Receiver app.
    02-20-2012 07:36 PM
    Played with the Note today at Best Buy. Currently on Verizon and have had the GNex since launch. I love my phone, but can safely say that I am totally jealous of the Note. Cannot wait till Verizon drops their version of this, I will be burning an upgrade no questions asked.

02-20-2012 07:58 PM
    i received my Galaxy Note today... All i can say is... IM IN LOVE... Lol... Great device... I bought a few accessories at the ATT store... Got the moshi screen guard, a s pen holder kit, and a case.... Well $$$ spent...
    02-20-2012 08:09 PM
    I did something I thought I'd never do, but I actually switched carriers to get the Note, and I don't regret it one bit. This is an incredible phone, and I don't think I'll ever have a device with a smaller screen again.

All the fuss about it being too big is vastly over blown. Once you have the Note and use it for every task you quickly feel so comfortable with the phone. I haven't picked up my Tab 7.0 or my Epic Touch GS2 since Sunday afternoon.

My only problem now is that I will have to manage my data and be sure to stay under 3 gigs a month. I am so spoiled having been with Sprint for so long.

If you're on the fence and simply trying to decide if it's worth it, let me tell you that this is truly the Mother of all phones. Just Do It!
    02-20-2012 08:20 PM
    What do you miss coming from the Iphone? I have an Iphone 4 but I feel like I might start to miss the Iphone after a bit
    02-20-2012 09:07 PM
    I am another Note lover. I'm probably a bit different than most though. I have always used Blackberry. I could never quite get the hang of the Iphone. I always felt clumsy. And so, my Note arrive on Friday and I absolutely love it! I am a woman with what most would consider small hands - but it fits perfect! I can text and swype on a touch screen for the first time! Wow- tried it out today and was typing so fast in no time at all. I'm typing this on my mac laptop but honestly the screen is so incredible, I have hardly used anything else all weekend. Loving it!

Sabrina
    02-20-2012 09:55 PM
    I thought I would miss my iPhone As I have been down this path before.... But I have to say, I just sold my iPhone on eBay, because I love the Note sooo much. It's the best phone on the market, period.

What do you miss coming from the Iphone? I have an Iphone 4 but I feel like I might start to miss the Iphone after a bit
    02-21-2012 04:17 AM
    I was afraid I would not like my new Samsung Note due to its size but guess what.....I love it!!!!
    02-21-2012 06:34 AM
    Am I the only one that thinks this thread is full of AT&T and/or Samsung employee's propping up the Note?

No offense, but none of you have over 100 posts and most have less than 20 posts..

If you are all actual non-AT&T/Samsung employee's, great! I've had the Dell Streak 5 which is a 5" Android phone so I know about the big devices, and I could never use it as a phone.. just my opinion.
    02-21-2012 04:12 PM
    Am I the only one that thinks this thread is full of AT&T and/or Samsung employee's propping up the Note?

No offense, but none of you have over 100 posts and most have less than 20 posts..

If you are all actual non-AT&T/Samsung employee's, great! I've had the Dell Streak 5 which is a 5" Android phone so I know about the big devices, and I could never use it as a phone.. just my opinion.
    Could be recent converts. Samsung is heavily advertising the Note, and it's a great phone to make the jump for.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    02-21-2012 04:27 PM
    Im not an employe and this is the first device I've had that makes me feel like posting about it maybe people are posting because there so happy with it i know Im giddy over it
    02-21-2012 05:49 PM

You're referring to a brand new device, the likes of which haven't been seen by the masses. It's it's first of it's class, excluding the Dell Streak, which was even more of a niche device, not being sold directly by AT&T.

It's going to garner some converts, and this is where they come.
    02-21-2012 07:39 PM
    i'm getting my Note tomorrow. played with it today and yesterday for an hour each day and loved it due to it's size.
    02-21-2012 07:50 PM
    I hardly have any post. I've been a frequenter of these sites since my Crackberry Days. Left there and was w/ AC for about 8 months before getting an iPhone 4 when they came out.
    Now I'm back reading this site as I sell my iPhone 4 on eBay in prep to purchase this gigantic beast!
    I can't wait for it.
    Have been eyeballing it since before the Super Bowl commercial and finally got my hands on a demo unit yesterday on my lunch break at a nearby AT&T store.
    If it wasn't for these boards, I wouldn't have known to register w/ Best Buy and get a free $50 instant gift card whenever I do go to get this phone. Still have until 3/17/12 until I'm eligible.
    Can't wait!
    02-21-2012 09:02 PM
    Im not an employe and this is the first device I've had that makes me feel like posting about it maybe people are posting because there so happy with it i know Im giddy over it
    I posted on a different forum about my thunderbolt but that was for bad reasons. This is the craziest piece of technology I've ever owned and I'm just like a kid at Christmas!

Sent from my Note!
    02-21-2012 09:02 PM
    is it tough to type in landscape mode?
    02-22-2012 02:59 AM
    The note is the first candybar style phone I have ever felt comfortable with. I no longer feel cramped when typing. The wacom pen is what sold me. Now instead of scanning and marking documents i can just take a picture and mark it. I love it!

02-22-2012 07:25 AM
    I decided to go get the Galaxy Note around noon today. I've been playing with it and setting things up most of the afternoon. I like it quite a bit so far. The only thing that's kind of disappointing is that it has no notification light. For some reason, I didn't think to look for that feature. I'm used to being able to look at my phone without pressing a button to check if I missed a text or phone call while in another room or after stepping out for a few minutes without the phone. I guess I'll have to make a *really big effort* and press a button to check for notifications now.
    02-22-2012 07:59 PM
    I got my mine that Friday, before the Main Event.
    Coming from a 2G all the way to a iPhone 4... the answer to that is NO WAY, Sir!!!! Landscape feel like you'er in a landscape. hard to believe? Try one!

I feel like I'm free... It took a phone like this, for me to come to the dark side! lol
    02-22-2012 09:34 PM
    I decided to go get the Galaxy Note around noon today. I've been playing with it and setting things up most of the afternoon. I like it quite a bit so far. The only thing that's kind of disappointing is that it has no notification light. For some reason, I didn't think to look for that feature. I'm used to being able to look at my phone without pressing a button to check if I missed a text or phone call while in another room or after stepping out for a few minutes without the phone. I guess I'll have to make a *really big effort* and press a button to check for notifications now.
    Download NoLed app. It will solve the problem--and, it is free.
    MannyB likes this.
    02-22-2012 10:03 PM
    Put me in the LOVE column. I came from the Skyrocket so this phone is very familiar to me - with the very happy exception that they seem to have fixed blue tooth on the Note. Vlingo did not work with my SR and Blue Ant S4 but it works like a charm on the Note! The "next big thing" is truly wonderful.
    02-23-2012 08:44 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD