Android Earbuds with Volume control?

waynezo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Do they make Android earbuds with mic play/pause and vol control?

I have a set of vmoda with apple controls. Is there software to make them work with Android?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You might have to get one of those fancy headsets that has an app available. I don't think there's a standard for inline controls for Android, which is why there aren't a ton of headsets with these controls built in.

Reactions: waynezo

daddybigas

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I was a little bummed when I opened my box and there was no headset. I figured I would get a cheap set with controls. If I keep the Note I will just grab a set online (assuming Android phones support controls on headphones).

Reactions: waynezo

PaulF

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone try this: Amazon.com: Samsung HM3700 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headset: Cell Phones & Accessories

It seems cheaper than just a good set of earbuds and is wireless bluetooth.

Samsung HM3700 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

310457-samsung-hm3700.jpg

waynezo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The vmoda's work fine on android at least the Samsung phones. You can pause and skip song using the controls. I used mine all the time. Also talk with them if I have them on and get a phone call.

darthmemnoch

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site

Ordered these myself and so far so good. $24.50 from amazon. The sound quality on he headset seemed slightly too bassy but he headphones sound great. Comes with several earpices and adapters and an AC charger. There is a Samsung bt app that has terrible reviews but so far I've had no issue with it.
Of course I have NOT made any calls from a noisy/windy area or car. So take it for what its worth.

sent from a gigantic phone

Reactions: PaulF

waynezo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Ordered these myself and so far so good. $24.50 from amazon. The sound quality on he headset seemed slightly too bassy but he headphones sound great. Comes with several earpices and adapters and an AC charger. There is a Samsung bt app that has terrible reviews but so far I've had no issue with it.
Of course I have NOT made any calls from a noisy/windy area or car. So take it for what its worth.

sent from a gigantic phone

Were you able to control a media player with it? Volume next song, pause play, etc.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Apple controls have always worked on android for me. One click = Play/Pause, Two Click = Skip Forward, Three click = Skip back. Don't know why this doesnt work for you guys... :(

GALAXYNOTE9394

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
You would think a high end phone like my Galaxy Note would come with a pair of eaebuds, with all controlls. Maybe there will be some to come out for it before long.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Headset controller in the market works with iphone style headsets. You only have function from the middle button but you can set it for single/double/triple/quad clicks + clicks and hold.. Can even set it to run volume up and down from the middle button. Free and quite good in my opinion...works flawlessly with my beats.

mastermixer99

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Apple controls have always worked on android for me. One click = Play/Pause, Two Click = Skip Forward, Three click = Skip back. Don't know why this doesnt work for you guys... :(

The controls work fine, but I think people want the mic to work too, which I believe it does not with the apple earbuds.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
The controls work fine, but I think people want the mic to work too, which I believe it does not with the apple earbuds.

I answer calls at work on mine and the mic works perfectly.

Oh and to the guy above, the note comes with a set of headphones with controls. Maybe they forgot yours?

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

I just tried my wife's iPhone earbuds with my Galaxy Nexus. The only controls that work are (1) Single clicking the centre button to play/pause, and (2) Double-clicking the centre button to skip. The following controls don't work.

* Triple-clicking the centre button to go back to the beginning of the current track
* Volume up/down controls

I can forego the triple click, but it drives me mad to not be able to use the volume control of my headphones. That's one of the very few things I miss on Android...