Hello Android I will miss WebOS

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm super excited about my Note. Leaving behind my tiny but lovable Veer.

I must say, finding the right app here is mind boggling. So many to choose from.

Any help on finding a Gas/Vehicle tracker that can import all my stuff saved as a Google spread sheet would be great.

Any way, here I am and thanks for having me.

N4OSX

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on the Note. I picked one up Sunday as well, I moved over from WebOS and an HP Pre 3. I decided it was time to jump off the sinking ship while I could still get a decent price for the old WebOS hardware on Ebay.

Not regretting it at all. The Note is great, and sure is nice to have an app for just about anything. Add to that the fact that I was able to ditch the tablet and have one device to tote around, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Enjoy! :)

Reactions: S-Doo-1965

anthony81586

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Holy Moly OP, from a veer to a note? That is one massive jump! I went from an ip4s to a galaxy nexus and i thought that was drastic haha. Anyways. Former webOS user as well, it was an awesome OS but after switching from both ios and webOS I have not looked back.

The learning curve and marketplace is definitely something to get used to but it's awesome having so many options.

Good luck with your new toy. Welcome to Android.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: S-Doo-1965

plantgeek

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My last phone was a Palm Pre +. The power cord for the touchstone is an exact fit to charge my new Galaxy Note. Is there any harm in using it?
I miss the smoothness of webos, but the apps and the screen size are great!

sbddude

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
My last phone was a Palm Pre +. The power cord for the touchstone is an exact fit to charge my new Galaxy Note. Is there any harm in using it?
I miss the smoothness of webos, but the apps and the screen size are great!

It will probably charge much more slowly.

gnunesjr

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Droid Bionic for about 2 weeks now, leaving behind my beloved Pre+. It makes me want to laugh and cry all at the same time. The new phone is fast and smooth and beautiful. But it just makes me cry to think where WebOS could have gone if it had been given hardware like this. I'm learning how to make Android useful, but it is clear to me that the Palm people put at least 10X more thought into how people actually use smartphones and how the operating system should reflect that.

Goodbye, WebOS (sniff). Hello, Android. We'll be friends eventually, I expect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel