Note: tablet or phone apps?

Pinmac

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi All

New to these forums and I found them when looking for opinions on the Note which I will be getting bsoon when my contract ends and I find a good deal here in the UK. I am researching the note before I get it and was wondering whether I should be looking at tablet apps for it? Are there any specifically for tablets which I should be looking at. I'm not new to Android as I currently own a Desire but am looking for as much info on the Note that I can before I get mine.

Thanks.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello Pinmac, and welcome to the forum.

If you have settled on the Note you are in good company. It's an amazing device and with the upcoming premium suite update it will only improve the experience.

Personally, I don't use any tablet specific apps on my Note. I usually just look for the service or content I need and download the app that meets my needs.

I haven't had any problems so far with any of my apps not behaving with the 5.3 screen, and I suppose that's your concern?

I don't know if my response was really helpful, but I'm sure others will chime in who are much more knowledgeable than I, and who can give you another perspective.

Again, welcome! :)

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I would stick with phone apps. If you come across a tablet app you'd like to use, just check around first to see if it's compatible with your phone.

Sent from my rooted WHITE E4GT via TapaTalk

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe tablet apps will even install on the Note, unless the app was written to be universal.

The marketplace will usually tell you if an app will install or not. At least I have had it tell me that an app was not designed for my device and stopped the install.

Pinmac

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome guys and for your useful replies. It looks as though I'll be sticking to most of my tried and trusted apps then! I saw the video of the Premium Suite today and the ICS video and it all looks amazing. I can't wait to get a Note.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe tablet apps will even install on the Note, unless the app was written to be universal.

The marketplace will usually tell you if an app will install or not. At least I have had it tell me that an app was not designed for my device and stopped the install.

I completely didn't think of this & should've known since I've got a tablet. There's been a few apps that I wanted to use from my phone but when trying to install from market place, there wasn't an option to use it on tablet...incompatible.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Swiftkey X for phones and it told me I had a tablet and to download that version so I did, it did not work as well on my note as the phone version so I deleted the tablet version. The phone version works better in my opinion.