Can a homescreen layout be copied from one device to another?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I was asked a question today that I didn't know the answer so I thought i would seek your wisdom.

A co-worker wants to get rid of her G-Nex on Verizon and pick up the G-Note this weekend.

She said she heard "somewhere" that it's possible to copy the screen layout (placement of apps and widgets) on her G-Nex, and paste that layout onto the G-Note?

I have never heard of such a possibility, but I thought I would ask the forum if Google has such an option? I know if you save your contacts in Google then all those will come over; along with any apps that have been downloaded via the Play Store, but I had never heard of a way to essentially copy & paste the homescreens from one device to another?

Any thoughts?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
There is an app in the Play Store that may be what she's talking about?

An app called "Desk Migrate" allows users to copy homescreens between launchers. However, it does not suggest or imply this function is available across devices.

If anyone has any other knowledge on the subject I'd appreciate your feedback.

jorang

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Just a thought....

If both devices carries the same apps it may be possible to use ADW Launcher on both devices, copy backup files for settings from one to the other - and than restore on the second device.

That is of course if you are able to locate the backup files from ADW.....

PaulF

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
The closest I came was to email all my apps to gmail using "App Referrer" and then loading the apps as I needed them on the new phone. I still haven't loaded some apps so in effect I got rid of unused apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech