Back from a Windows Phone experiment!

aewatsonsr77

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I just sold my Nokia Lumia 900 after owning it for 2 weeks and switched back to Android and my Note. While the Lumia 900 is a beautifully designed piece of hardware with an intriguing operating system, I could not help but miss the large screen of the Note and the app selection of Android. I must admit that the apps that are on Windows Phone looked more refined than their Android equivalents, but they are just missing too many key ones.
I really tried hard to convince myself to stick with the Lumia and Windows Phone 7.5 but the more I thought about it the more I missed the Android ecosystem. I have tons of music in Google Music and although there was an off-brand app on WP that allowed me access to the music it just wasn't the same. There was no Pandora app, Instagram, Chase bank, and many others. At first I thought this wouldn't be a problem but as the days passed it was hard to ignore.
There is alot to like about the WP platform though. The live tiles are nice and the social network integration is the best I've seen thus far. I also loved the Zune software on the phone. For $9.99 per month you can stream millions of songs and even download entire albums to your device for offline listening. The album art and background images while the music is playing are beautiful. Microsoft has a bright future with the platform is they can just get more people to notice it.
In the end though, I'm happy to be back home where I feel most comfortable. I love Android but I'm in no way a fanboy. I love all things tech and will be closely watching what Apple has to say about the IPhone 5. Until then, it's just me and my Note. :)

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on your journey back too android,I agree W7 phone is really visually appealing but as far as personal customizations is concerned. Nothing beats the android phones and their ease of user interface.

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Great write up. Very objective and informative.

It sounds like the screen size of the Note was also hard to ignore? When a user gets accustomed to a 5.3 inch screen, anything smaller is hard to manage, and seems so unproductive.

The challenge I have with any of the newer and future devices (and they all some nice features) is the screen size, and the realization that any device with a smaller screen means I'll need a tablet as a companion device.

With the Note I have the prefect all-in-one device and no longer own a tablet.

Anyway, I just really wanted to say I enjoyed your post.

rich250

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Good post, like i said in your other thread if i was ever to switch from android it would be to windows but not unless they had a phone with atleast a screen the size of the note,welcome back to android

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Awesome just awesome review. Answers alot of quesions I have about w7 phones. My wife is up for an upgrade and has some interest in android and w7. She currently uses i4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc