Gnote problems that bug you the most.

kungros

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi all.
Lets share your gnote experience, What's problems with you super gnote that border you most. Is it lag/slow apps launch or what ever issues you have encounter while using your beautiful note.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
MTP only connect. Can't get the thing connected to my Ubuntu Linux 10.04 machine. Was reading the gMTP solution but for some reason it's not working on my machine. Ridiculous that a Linux based OS (Android) can't connect by default to another Linux based OS. Probably going to return this thing anyway. Another two things:

Colors are way too saturated, boderline ridiculous. Red's are just way too red. I downloaded Screen Adjuster which helps but really is only a temp solution.

Power button placement. Way too easy to lock the phone when using it in landscape mode. Already done it a few times.

Not bugs, but hey.

Rev.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
There isn't anything I don't like about this device. The size , screen quality and s pen make it a product unlike anything on the market. The only lag I see is with live wallpapers and I'm not a fan much of those anyway as they can drain the battery. I know some phones may run more fluid at times but after looking at this screen and picking up my wife's iPhone, or my Atrix, I can't see how people can use those things! Lol its like looking at a toy. I'm ready for ICS and I need a NOTE 2 when I'm done with this one. I could never go back to a smaller screen. :D

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Good to know you love the device, and it's certainly amazing, but the thread is titled, "Gnote problems that bug you the most".

Rev.

Actually Rev. the OP did ask, in the first sentence, for users to share their experience.

Despite the title many users will likely share the good and the bad of their experience.

But in keeping with the thread, I will share that the only thing that "bugs" me about the Note is that it didn't launch on each carrier, and right now there is no word on when it will land on Sprint (which is the only one I personally care about), Verizon, and T-Mobile.

One other thing that "bugs" me is the volume seems to periodically drop? I was told by Samsung that this was because there was an external accessory attached, but it still is quite annoying at times.

Otherwise, as far as performance is concerned, I'm very pleased! Oops! I was only suppose to be negative :-!

Sorry.

Last edited:

sag7392

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The power button placement. Coming from an HTC EVO, where the button was located on top, I never shut my screen off by accident. Not on the Note though...I've gotten better at not doing it, but it's still something that bugs me.

And yeah the reds are a little TOO red at times and the whole black crush bugs me. I'm hoping that Samsung will address this with the official ICS update. Until then, I'll use Screen Adjuster. BTW, does anyone know how I can tone down the red some using this app?

Here's one that trips me out. I have set my sounds for notifications for email, Gmail, calendar, etc. But I still seem to get a voice notification for email and calender...the voice and my sounds. I can't figure out why this does that. Oh well...

I still love my Note though!!!!

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
As far as performance is concerned I'm very pleased! Oops! I was only suppose to be negative :-!

My point with mentioning the thread topic was because any potential new buyers that might want to know what issues are affecting users could find that very info here in this thread. If it's loaded up with people posting to defend their phone it's more to sort through. I'm no moderator so post whatever you wish, I just don't get why people often feel the need to defend their purchased items. Everyone uses their phone differently, so users that are having a wonderful problem free experience might not be using the phone in a way that someone else might and I really don't personally find "No problems here" to be of any value in this type of thread. Wasn't mean to sound douchey.

Rev.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
BTW, does anyone know how I can tone down the red some using this app?

What I did, using a pic I am very familiar with, was to set the green to +10 and the blue to +14. I also set the contrast to -4 which reduces the black crush. Blacks aren't as uber rich that way but I prefer it to having that crush and over contrast saturation.

Rev.

Reactions: sag7392

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Good to know you love the device, and it's certainly amazing, but the thread is titled, "Gnote problems that bug you the most".

Rev.

lol Sorry dude but i didnt see to just post problems at all? My experience was posted and an example of why i like or dislike. Thanks for youre concern for someone elses thread though.:banghead:

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
It also bugs me that Sprint does not have the galaxy note .....bugged in Pa.
ad65cc96-d7a0-a63b.jpg

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: ScandaLeX

T.phillips39

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
My point with mentioning the thread topic was because any potential new buyers that might want to know what issues are affecting users could find that very info here in this thread. If it's loaded up with people posting to defend their phone it's more to sort through. I'm no moderator so post whatever you wish, I just don't get why people often feel the need to defend their purchased items. Everyone uses their phone differently, so users that are having a wonderful problem free experience might not be using the phone in a way that someone else might and I really don't personally find "No problems here" to be of any value in this type of thread. Wasn't mean to sound douchey.

Rev.

Yes it's a thread meant to highlight problems but I think if potential buyers want to know about a phone they should hear both sides of the story, not just the bad. Because then they might get the wrong idea about an otherwise exceptional device.

But alas, to follow the topic at hand.

The things that bug me are:
1. The camera shutter speed. It seems wayyy too slow to me
2. The location of the power button. Yea I accidently press it often too.

Other than that, I love my hulk of a phone. And wouldn't trade it for anything. (except maybe a galaxy note 2, but that's a whole other thread)

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I love my note however I don't like the default camera. Maybe its just mine with this bad lag ( I am aware of a lag just don't know if this lag is normal) when taking a photo using the default camera, it will focus and then take the pic but wouldn't show the pic taken for about 5 seconds.
Not a deal breaker because I have a few camera apps which work faster

rahsaanabdul

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I do agree with the placement of the volume button and power button directly being across from each other. I have also gotten better at it but it is still a little annoying. No way is it a deal breaker for this amazing smartphone/tablet :)

kungros

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Lots good reply and interesting post on this thread. I had this amazing phone since the launch day and very happy with it, it's one of the best phone on the market today! How ever its not all that perfect. Please share your most annoying experience! And hopefully someone from Samsung get to read this thread and come up with fixes that make us all even more happier with your supper phone.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
@herculaneum
The MHL adapter actually works really well. You should try it. What I would really like is a WiDi device to replicate the display. That would rock.

Don't really have much to complain about except for missing ICS. I can't wait to see it on the Note.

It would be nice to get away from FAT32 on massive SDXC cards so we can get passed the 4 GB file limit.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice to get away from FAT32 on massive SDXC cards so we can get passed the 4 GB file limit.

This right here, forgot to include that myself and was just telling the wife only a few minutes ago how I couldn't load a 720p movie on the phone to show my boss because the file was 4.7gb. Fat32 seriously needs to go. NTFS is quite compatible, not sure why they can't at least go to that.

Rev.

palmor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for about a week and so far I do love it. I had an Atrix 2 before this...

Things that I'd like to see (in software or next version)

* Notification light
* Placement of the power button (like others have said)
* My Atrix's Calendar was very good at recognizing conference call numbers and dialing the number then the code. The Note doesn't seem to get this at all.
* Mute switch (one of the few things I miss about my iphone)
* The screen quality is very nice but there are better.

All in all it is a great phone and I'm very happy with it. No phone is perfect and all of the above a nick-picks IMO.

John

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
The thing that bugs me the most about the Note is that I might not be worthy to own one. The most awesome phone in all regards. To say otherwise is ny on blasphemy. BLASPHEMY SAYS I. HERETICS BEWARE.

on a more sane Note (see what I did there?), the ICS release dance Uncle Sammy is teasing us with drives me crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams