Samsung Calendar Sync

rossforney

May 24, 2010
Visit site
First off the Samsung native apps are beautiful! That said, I would really like to try using native apps this time arround for a change. I feel with this phone, more than any other I've had, that it will be more than capable.

My trouble has been with the native calendar app. The quick add feature seems very enticing but when I hit the "+" button (top left) on the widget or the app itself I get a pop up that says

"Google calendar cannot sync with Samsung Kies. Use My calendar to sync with Kies."

Now, if I just hit ok there is a second pop up that says

"Local calendar cannot sync with Google calendar. You need a Google account."

At the bottom of this pop up there are two options;

"Go to account and sync" or "Do not show again"

When I click on "Go to account and sync" it takes me into "accounts and sync" where my accounts are clearly and properly synced. I can re sync all day long and it still doesn't work. I can enter accounts and sync independent the calendar re-direct and still no fix.

I should mention here that when I first loaded the calendar as a widget or just went into the app it was already populated with my calendar entries. AND If I make changes from my desktop they show up on the note. In fact just tested it out and I can actually delete an event from the note and it will delete on the desktop. Turns out the only thing the native calendar app wont do is the only thing I need it to do, which is, ADD NEW EVENTS FROM THE NOTE.

Got excited when I thought I had found a fix when I read about clearing the calendar storage in the manage applications section in the main settings and re-syncing everything but even that hasn't worked.

I have searched all kinds of sites and cant seem to find anyone else describing my problem as I'm having it. Part of me wonders if it will fix itself with the ICS update but I kinda need my calendar app. I add to it every day from my office and on the go and need to be able to look at the same calendar.
Please help!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
What happens if you bypass quick add, and select the middle tab "add event?"

I'm trying to duplicate your problem and can't seem to. However, I don't normally use the quick add option.

When adding a new calendar event I always use the tab 'add event.'

rossforney

May 24, 2010
Visit site
The pop up errors come up when first pressing the "+" button which automatically takes me into the add event (middle) one. It happens in both tabs.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could duplicate your experience, but I can't :confused:

However, I will keep trying to help you. I sure others will chime in also.

I have several people at my office and there are a few other Note owners. I will inquire tomorrow at the office.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful. The calendar app is important, and getting it to work properly is crucial.

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I add calendar events from my gnote all of the time, but I don't use the quick add. I clock on the date of the event and add it that way. Haven't had an issue yet.

jonholmes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issue and have been unable to resolve it either.
My calendars all sync correctly, so I wasn't to worried about it. I think I selected "do not show this again", but I am interested in a resolution.

Marlyse

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I had the same issue as rossforney with my S calendar on my Note, i.e any event I would create in S calendar would not show up in my google calendar (no matter which quick or slow create method I would use), even after forcing sync; yet any event created on my google calendar would show up without problem on my S calendar.

Actually when creating an event from S calendar on my Note, when asked to choose a calendar, I would tap the dropdown and select "My calendar" radio button from the "Select account" box. When selecting "My calendar", I noticed that the event never appeared in my Google calendar.

However, if I create an event in Scalendar on my Note and I choose my gmail.com account radio button from the "Select account" box, my event created in S calendar would ALSO (at last!) display in google calendar.

Not sure if this is the same issue faced by rossforney and others, and if so, I hope this will help.

Cheers,
Marlyse

Marlyse

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Actually, what I meant is, if you want to sync your S calendar with Google calendar both ways, when creating an event in S calendar in your GNote, you need to select your gmail.com account, not the "My calendar" radio button from the dropdown in the create event dialog. Selecting your gmail.com account will ensure your event gets displayed in your google calendar as well. If you select "My calendar", it will only display in your S calendar.

HTH,

Marlyse

Myron D

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I have MS Outlook 2003, Windows XP sp3, Gmail Calendar, and a SAMSUNG Galaxy Note SGH-I717. After ICS 4.0 update on the phone, my Calendar would not sync more than 30 days or so. I found that if I cleared storage in the Calendar app and Calendar storage on my phone, I could use Samsung Kies ver 2.3.2.12064 and it would sync my Outlook 2003 with my phone. It would sync ALL Calendar events in my calendar. (some back to 1986). It will run a long time in Kies and even when it is finished it will still be updating the phone even longer. After 10 mins ir so it was done. ( over 4000 events to sync). Only difference was that Kies made the events in the Calendar show up in blue color instead of black.

TheKISSarmy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
When I sync the tasks I've inputted into the Calendar on my Note, what does it sync it to? I was hoping it would sync the info into my Google tasks in Google calendar, but I can't find my tasks anywhere but on my phone.

Does anyone know where tasks sync to?

Simona1014

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone help? My Native Calendar app wont sync with my Gmail calendar. If I put an event into the phone it wont show up on my Gmail calendar. However if I put an event on the Gmail calendar it will show up on the Native Calendar on the phone. I have hit sync dozens of times and it just does not work. Does anyone have a fix for this?

cbx750p

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Have problem downloading my old data from my Notes 1 S Planner to my Notes 2 S planner

When I tried to change a previous activity from MY CALENDER to GMAIL, the whole event would disappear and cannot be found again. Tried several test details and it happened always.

How can I get my old data over to the Notes 2

jagungal

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I have this problem too. Really annoying.

S Calendar seems excellent, but this is the most critical sync function for me and without it the app is essentially useless.

CMontalvo

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I had this same problem. I could add events in Outlook on my desktop, they would sync with Google Calendar and then my Samsung Galaxy S3 calendar would be updated with the event. But when adding an event on my phone calendar, it wouldn't update my Google or Outlook calendars. While in my phone calendar, I clicked Menu/Settings/Calendar and unchecked "My Calendar". Then I tested it by posting events back and forth among all three calendars. Now everything syncs among all three, regardless where or how it's been added.

Hope such a simple solution works for others...

Chuck Palazzo

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Simple request - but cannot find the best solution. Was using Google's synch program, but its been discontinued. I made the mistake of uninstalling it (it was working, but buggy). Now I am searching for a free synch program to use - Outlook to my Samsung S2 - and of course two way synch. I just tried Android Synch Manager from MobileAction and it's slow and very clumsy. Any recommendations? I must use Outlook at the desktop level - Gmail, etc. is not an option for me. All I really need is calendar and contact synch.
Thanks

mparke08

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I had to go to the calendar app, settings, calendars, and uncheck "My calendar" and make sure my gmail calendar was selected. Then I forced a sync and all was fixed.

Lo Mack

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I figured out what the problem is... if you have Samsung Kies/Samsung phoneand you are using the samsung calendar app (which I think is a better app compared to the google calendar app) then you need to turn off "My Calendar" on calendar app. What is happening is that you are making your calendar entries through the samsung default and not through google default. When you make entries into calendar the default may be "My Calendar". if the message pops up that Kies can't sync event then that is; Your RED Flag that the event was logged under "My Calendar". Change default to you Google account or whatever. as you can see in pic it says "My Calendar", click on side arrow to change default. Good luck!
I hope these Pictures are incl:
https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...373850722293&sads=H35v0qwPRi0VDTelWaFhmYpQjkA

Buckwheat'sSweetPea

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Lo Mack, you are a genius!!!! Thank you! I have been going nuts trying figure out how to fix this! I had it happen once before on another Samsung phone and could not remember the fix. You have made my day! Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Lo Mack, you are a genius!!!! Thank you! I have been going nuts trying figure out how to fix this! I had it happen once before on another Samsung phone and could not remember the fix. You have made my day! Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!!!!!!!!