Samsung Calendar Sync

Kate Howat

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I seem to be having the exact opposite problem than everyone else. I've searched everywhere and haven't been able to find a solution yet. My google calendars partially sync to my Galaxy tab 3. I can see my personal calendar, but not the seperate one I've created for work or the default Canadian holidays even though I have them checked to sync. I've tried just about everything to get them to show up. I can create an event on my tab under my work calendar and have it show up on my Google calendar online but none of the events I've created online will sync to the tab. Can anyone help? I even tried to the google calendar app and it still wouldn't show up....:'(

Paul Tracey

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I get the error as well. What I'm not understanding is when I use the stock calendar I getting the same pop up saying "Samsung Kies will not sync with google calendars. Use my calendar to sync with Google's calendar." Ok this is what I don't understand. Isnt the calendar I'm using to get this pop up "my calendar" ? So why would it say to use the same app I'm already using to sync with google, if it already knows it can't sync? I looked through all my apps and I don't have any labeled " My Calendar" I only have the app that says just "Calendar". And it goes right to this stock calendar that I hage a giant widget for. So am I missing something here? Is "My Calendar" a seperate app then "Calendar"? And if samsung makes a phone that runs a google OS (operating system) wouldn't the have the programing abilities to merge these two calendars? I mean Google's OS is open source, I don't see why samsung cant write code for their Kies app that can merge wih Google's calendar.

Seems very ironically that Sansung sells a phone that runs an OpenSource OS by Google who they obviously have a serious contract with because these Samsung higher end mobile devices are far superior to any other android mobile device. I have a GS3, GS4, and Note2 and the abilities these phones have blow me away. Like I push these phones past their full potential and they still perform well. Theres so much you can do on them now. I've designed ways to make a cloud server using free apps from the play store and I can sync my phone to my PlayStation 3. Utilizing the PS3 to install crazy stuff that I can download from my phone.I can upload movies, music, pictures to the PS3 and better yet I can install PS3 updates, download packs (if you know what that is) and best yet free games. I don't even need internet service at home to go online with my PS3 its all done from my phone and free apps.

My point is about all this it can do all these crazy things but why cant it sync its proprietary calander with its contracted OS's calendar? Seems like a mundane issue for them to fix so why not spend 20 minutes to right some code and fix it?

I'm going to write down a few of your problems on this thread and figure out a fix for them so check back every week of so for the answer. I know my way around these phones. My girlfriend says I'm like Rain Man but with technology an especially phone..... I just think its my computer science degree and certs in MCSE, MCSA, NET+, A+, and SERVER+.... I just like the Rain Man idea though too :)

DAM091

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
For those of us whose events (on their Google calendar) are not showing up on our web Google calendar, I figured out a crude workaround. It's not a full solution, but at least it helps.

1. Log into your Google calendar on your computer.
2. Open your Samsung calendar app on your phone. Deselect all calendars but the corresponding Google calendar.
3. Compare the 2 calendars and check to see which events are missing from the computer. It may be helpful to do this in agenda mode.
4. On your phone, open an event. Hit the menu button, then hit copy. Make no changes. Save the new event.
5. Back out of this event. You should now see a duplicate event. Hit the menu button, then hit sync.
6. When it's done syncing, reload your computer's browser page with Google calendar. You should see your event, finally on your computer browser.
7. If it worked, go ahead and copy each event, 1 by 1, on your phone. Once you've done them all, sync. Check the browser to make sure you got them all.
8. If you're really lucky, it will somehow update both events and you can delete the extras on the browser. If you're not, go ahead and delete the first event of each pair. I recommend you sync after each delete to make sure you got the right one. It would really suck if you deleted a bunch of new events and had to do it all over again.

Well, that's it. Hope this helps some of you. And, hope you don't have too many events to copy :mad: If anyone finds a better workaround, please post it here.

Alison3197

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
My issue is similar. I synced my samsung google calendar for the first time with the web calendar, and now all of my entries from my phone are gone. They are not showing on either the phone or the web calendar. Is there any way to get these events back?

Misti Shannon

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
OK so I get how to solve the problem in the future...but what about all my old entries? the only way that I have found so far is to go into each individual entry, hit "my calendar" and change it to my "gmail calendar." I need to go all the way back to APRIL....this is going to take forever and a half this way! Does anyone know of a faster way?

Rachael Shaw

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi there everyone,
Thank you for the work you've put into this thread.

Please be patient with me as I am newtestd having migrated over from iPhone.

Due to your great responses I now been able to sync s planner with Google calendar and visa versa.

This highlighted the next thing.
While creating test event on samsung to Google them Google to samsung it became apparent that when creating my test event I had to manually click the sync button on s planner for the push to happen.

I can't find an option to make s planner automatically sync at a certain time or interval.
Surely there is a way to do this ?

Can somebody help?

Thank you
Rachael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781