Screen and bezel question

anon(785719)

May 11, 2012
Visit site
As I have been using my note over the last 4-5 days I have noticed my bezel is not an even height off the screen all the way around the device. For example you can feel the bezel being raised off the screen all the way around the device except the middle of the left hand side of. In the middle of the left hand side the glass and bezel are even (glass is not recessed at all)

Is this normal for this device? Is it bad build quality and should I go exchange it for another note? All input will be appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

PaulF

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
It is not normal. I just disassembled my Samsung Captivated to fix the speaker. And the glass pops into the bezel and clicks when the plastic tabs snap into slots. The glass is then held in place by screws you can see when the back cover is removed. It sounds like your glass isn't pushed into the bezel all away around. I would take it in and have someone push the glass in. That way if some defect or debris under the glass is the problem, let them break the glass. It will probably just pop right in, though. And then you/they should look for loose screws.

anon(785719)

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I am taking it back to at&the tonight to look at the other models to. See if they are the same -- doesn't seem normal to. Me you would think that the bezel would be the same around the phone

However, If I do find that this is common in this phone i am just going to buy a case and roll with it because after a week on this phone there is no way I can go to a smaller screen

Reactions: S-Doo-1965

anon(785719)

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Went back to at&t and multiple notes had the screen not being recessed in certain locations -- so i just got a case and decided to stick it out because no phone seemed to fit my wants like this one

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star