ICS broke my Note, twice! Help?

Batt1eRatt1e

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Galaxy Note on Saturday and I updated to ICS last night. Well it made my phone stick on the Rethink Possible screen. I went to AT&T and they swapped out my Note for a new one. I upgraded again and it's doing the same thing. It vibrates, does noises like it's getting messages, sticks on the same screen and if it does load to the home screen it's slow and doesn't let me really do much. Is there a way to reset this to factory settings or something? Why does ICS not work for me? It downloaded 100%, installed, I sat there watching everything and I have no explaination as to why this is happening. Please someone help me out. I'm without a phone.

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
How long did you let it sit on that AT&T screen before you called it stuck and broken? It took my phone almost 5 minutes to get past that screen and to the home screen.

Batt1eRatt1e

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I left the phone to do it's screwed up stuff for a long time. It even got to where you couldn't shut it off unless you took the battery out. Good news for me and any others who experience this issue. I did a hard reset by holding the power and volume keys then letting go of the power button when SAMSUNG appeared on screen. It took me to that ODIN screen and I erased/wiped the phone. After that the phone loaded up with ICS like nothing was wrong. I have no explanation why mine, and I seen another guys online had a bad update for some reason. Why erasing/wiping the phone made ICS load either is beyond me. Somehow it deleted whatever was bad and made it work.

CTREV21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I used Kies to check my phone .it was'nt being found .updated driver from samsung site . Connected phone and this time it worked .I didn't see the ICS update but I did see a firmware update so I decided to apply it. Turns out i was installing ICS. I'm on straight Talk and all went well . Had to reenter my information but so far so good . Now i'm Testing .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

Mastershake88815

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi There,
I downloaded the ICS from Klies Sunday and I had the identical issue Batt1eRatt1e had. In fact I needed to do the same thing and wipe the phone and aftter that, the phone booted. I waited 1.5 hours for the phone to stop installing applications. Now my phone is very slow, becomes unresponsive. I updated the initial applications that came loaded with the phone. Started google play and the phone became unresponsive. Reset the phone again and back to being slow. My question is should I have the phone replaced? It was working great with gingerbread. Or I'm I doing something wrong? Called Att and they said to reset it or they'll replace it. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87