New to the Note

Neilzul

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Galaxy Note with AT&T through my upgrade, and i am loving it. I just had a few questions I wanted to know about it.

How do you find the S-Pen. I don't really understand or use it.

How can I use it better for School and Work

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
@Neilzul: Welcome to the forum. Here you will find a lot of helpful information. Please click on the link posted by Loren because it will provide you with some really good uses for the S-Pen.

I want to share with you that I use the S-Pen everyday at work for taking notes during meetings. I must add that I prefer to use the S-Pen Holder Kit for my serious note taking because I get better precision and control of the pen when writing, and I highly recommend it as valuable asset.

At both work and school I believe you will find the S-Pen very handy and useful. I take meeting notes on the Galaxy Note and before going back to my office I upload my handwritten notes to Evernote where they are stored in the cloud. I never have to worry about misplacing my note pad, or telling my boss that my dog ate my notes. The convenience and an electronic note pad is amazing.

I would recommend you get used to using it. I submit that if you really take the time to use the S-Pen you will find it hard to use any other mere smartphone. The S-Pen is such a value added feature that I cannot use a device without it.

Reactions: Reaper69

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Should've waited for the Note 2.

There appears to be credible information that Samsung is going to announce the Note 2 on August 29. However, until such announcement is made there is no indication as to when the Note 2 will launch in the US.

If you recall, the Note 1 was announced in Sept.2011, but did not reach the states until Feb.19, 2012 (6 months later), and even then it only landed on one carrier. So I would say that anyone who wishes to have the functionality the Note offers right away that they should go ahead and buy it.

The Note 2 will be nice I'm sure, but that does not mean that the original Note is a slouch by any means. And if the rumor announced yesterday on Android Central is correct, then the original Note is destined to received the Jelly Bean update by the end of the calendar year.

Nonetheless, even if it doesn't get the Jelly Bean update, the original Note is still a far superior device than any other on the market for those who want an all-in-one device that provides the functionality of a smartphone, usefulness of a tablet, and the convenience of an electronic note pad, all bundled together within a single data/voice plan.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Galaxy Note with AT&T through my upgrade, and i am loving it. I just had a few questions I wanted to know about it.

How do you find the S-Pen. I don't really understand or use it.

How can I use it better for School and Work
How often do you write a day, type something, sketch something? All those things can be done with the S pen on your note so everything is in one place.
The S pen is the greatest feature of the Note. DAS told you some of the great ways he uses it. I lost my S pen once, and *I* was lost without it. I bought two replacements so it never happens again. I use it for various shopping, to do, and research lists, I have them on my home screen so I can constantly update them. The Note lets you keep categorized notes in a stack. Notes can be printed and/or sent by email. Pictures and videos can be attached to notes. I can take a screen capture and then write on it. Take a photo, write on it and send it off to share. I GARDEN, I took pictures of my flower beds, edited the photos by clicking on the pen option and then labeled the plants. Next spring I won't make the mistake of moving tall plants in front of short ones. I'm doing house renovations, when I see things on-line, I often screen capture and add notes to it. The note is also excellent at handwriting to text as long as you're a bit careful to keep your letters separate and watch the r's and n's. You can crop pictures and do some fancy things with cut out shapes. I love that the tip is a truly fine tip and not a blob end like other 'stylus' types. I use it when my hands are grubby from gardening. It's great to use for web surfing, it makes it easy to type a very tiny button or link without zooming in. You can sign pdf files. Anytime you pick up a pen, think about taking out the S pen instead and doing it on the note. Once you get used to it, it's wonderful to always having your notes in one place.

Reactions: Reaper69

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
How often do you write a day, type something, sketch something? All those things can be done with the S pen on your note so everything is in one place.
The S pen is the greatest feature of the Note. DAS told you some of the great ways he uses it. I lost my S pen once, and *I* was lost without it. I bought two replacements so it never happens again. I use it for various shopping, to do, and research lists, I have them on my home screen so I can constantly update them. The Note lets you keep categorized notes in a stack. Notes can be printed and/or sent by email. Pictures and videos can be attached to notes. I can take a screen capture and then write on it. Take a photo, write on it and send it off to share. I GARDEN, I took pictures of my flower beds, edited the photos by clicking on the pen option and then labeled the plants. Next spring I won't make the mistake of moving tall plants in front of short ones. I'm doing house renovations, when I see things on-line, I often screen capture and add notes to it. The note is also excellent at handwriting to text as long as you're a bit careful to keep your letters separate and watch the r's and n's. You can crop pictures and do some fancy things with cut out shapes. I love that the tip is a truly fine tip and not a blob end like other 'stylus' types. I use it when my hands are grubby from gardening. It's great to use for web surfing, it makes it easy to type a very tiny button or link without zooming in. You can sign pdf files. Anytime you pick up a pen, think about taking out the S pen instead and doing it on the note. Once you get used to it, it's wonderful to always having your notes in one place.

Well Said... It really is something special.. This Galaxy Note..

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
@ J HighNote: that was a really great write up about the S- Pen.

I like what you advised the OP in stating that whenever they would normally be prone to grab a pen/pencil and paper, to instead get in the habit of using the Note and S-Pen as an alternative.

That's what I did. Now it's rare I ever use a pen and paper for any writing project.

Thanks again. It was a really nice write up :)

Galaxy Note! Phone. Tablet. Planner. Notepad. eReader. The only device I need!

ergoanne

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I am afraid that I may be the most ignorant galaxy note 10.1 user. I cannot figure out how to use the write to text tool in meeting notes. I cannot move from box to box. I will fill in date and move to the time and the time shows up in the date box. Also, is there a short cut for spacing so that I do not need to hit the space bar? I have searched Google and YouTube without success. The manual is no help

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance