ICS issues for AT&T Galaxy NOTE!

bb5speed

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Looking for some answers please read and give me any info you can :) am I screwed can i get any of these back ect.

Waited and even switched carriers for this kick ass device and then waited even longer for ICS, however i now have a few issues that quite piss me off! The notification bar used to have a brightness dimmer built in, just press and hold then in 2 seconds left for dim and right for bright super handy. that is gone now so i have been stuck using auto brightness and that apparently gets disabled when you turn your device off needless to say... frustrating. Issue 2 Why the F did they take away the quick screen shot????? they were a few others i cant remember right now SUPER LATE

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Can you clear to explain what you mean by they took away quick screen shot. I tried both of the options based on the samsung software:1. Swipe from right to left. 2. Touch the S-Pen to the screen for a few moments with the button depressed. Both generated screen shots.

If those aren't what you refereing to I believe that is a change in Android 4.0.x and nothing to do with the NOTE. The proper way to take a screen shot on any Android 4.0.x phone is pressing power and the home button at the same time.

I hope that helps.

I know it doesn't help with it being in the notification bar but there is a widiget for power saving that is standard on it that may do what you want. I believe there are also apps that will allow you to adjust the items in the notification list

bb5speed

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, the screen shot i was most accustomed to using was the home and power button method and after 4.0.4 it does not work. yeah the s-pen still does the job but its not as quick.

jonholmes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed GPS not locking since the ICS upgrade?
It takes mt phone almost 10 minutes to lock signal, if it ever does. I had no GPS issue before ICS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance